Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review: Falling Under by Gwen Hayes



Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.

My Review:

(SPOILERS MAY LIE HERE)


This book was AWESOME! At first I thought it was a little slow but after the first chapter I couldn't contain myself, I had to get the words that this book held into my brain as fast as possible!

The world reminded me of a gothic Wonderland, it was creepy, fascinating and beautiful. The writing style was elegant and haunting. Every time I would put the book down, whether for just a second or two hours, I would hear Evanescence playing in my head. That's the background music I listened to in my head while reading.

Theia is a little too shy, but with a father like that, who could blame her? She's also a little too accepting, a demon happens upon her backyard and she thinks, "This is weird, but I'll go along with it." And you know what I didn't care that she just accepted it because it WORKED!

Haden made me swoon... He is so jealous, possessive and HAWT! His story is completely different from all other paranormal YA and that makes me smile.

All in all, this book is a haunting world that made me beg for the release date so that I can go pick up my very own copy of this marvelous story.

A word of caution: This book is not for the faint of heart. It contains very sexy scenes.


*I received an ARC of this book from Different Area Codes Book Tour, this in no way altered my opinion/review.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a teen book being classified as having very sexy scenes. Since I read a lot of adult romance nothing shocks me anymore but now I'm really interested in this book. I like teen books that are a bit daring. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!