Saturday, August 22, 2026

Stacking the Shelves: The Really Shouldn't Have Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Nothing super crazy happened this past week. It was a quiet "work, workout, read" week, which is nice. Well, besides the work part. That I could do without. I did end up spending way too much money on books and some book-related things that you'll see in this and next week's haul. I've been treating myself like crazy. I'm definitely going to have to go back to my book-buying ban rules after this month.
 

As for the books I received, I have many. My Bad Women Books Spring Romantasy box arrived. It's Kresley Cole's A Hunger Like No Other. While I'm excited that a Kresley Cole book got a special edition, the cover image doesn't really scream A Hunger Like No Other to me, or at least, something about the male character is off. I'm pretty sure it's the hair. I do like the endpaper art, though. I also received my Barnes & Noble preorder of Runebreaker by Mila Finch. 
 
 
 
Up next, I have four books that are all from different sources. Warrior Princess Assassin by Brigid Kemmerer is the UK paperback that I preordered from Blackwells. I think it's the best cover out of every edition out there right now. I do have the FairyLoot edition, but it's very cartoonish, even though it's pretty. From B&N, I got The Poison Daughter by Sheila Masterson. My preorder of book six in the Zodiac Academy luxe set also arrived, and my FairyLoot The Ballad of Falling Dragons edition was dropped off by my parents. I also got another FairyLoot sequel edition, but I won't be keeping it, as I recently DNF'ed the first book. I'll share that in my next unhaul post, though.
 
 
 
Here I have one of those books that gets stuck in my head, so I decide I must buy it soon even though I could just read it on Kindle Unlimited to see if I even like it. That book in this case is Anathema by Keri Lake. I specifically wanted the deluxe edition which was out of print, so I had to go resale and purchase it on Pango for too much money. I am excited to own this, but I need to get myself under control. No more expensive secondhand purchases for books I could read on KU first.
 
 
 
This is the last of the book portion of the haul. It's an order I randomly decided to make on Book Outlet because they had an $8 coupon. I perused their site and saw they were selling the deluxe edition of Sable Sorensen's Dire Bound, which I needed because mine was damaged by B&N and they weren't able to replace it. I think because the copy I bought was signed, but I didn't realize that until later. Oh well. I got it cheaper on Book Outlet. I also ordered many other things I didn't need like The Silversmith by L.J. Claren, Vesselless by Cortney L. Winn, Immortal Dark by Tigest Girma, A Cruel Thirst by Angela Montoya, The High Mountain Court by A.K. Mulford, Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo, and For Whom the Bell Tolls by Jaysea Lynn. 
 

And lastly, I have something that's not a book, but is book-related. I bought an FBAA pin from Celestial Faerie Trove. I have three of her pins now, and they're very pretty. I'm hoping she does a few more for the individual characters, but we shall see. The ACOTAR fans are currently making their preferences for which pins come first very known. Sigh. It's hard being an FBAA lover in the midst of all these people obsessed with SJM characters.
 
Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!