Saturday, September 28, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Maiden Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been hectic as a book collector. I feel like I've been checking messages all week trying to arrange a trade for a special edition. But at least that experience is kind of fun. I'd rather be busy negotiating books than doing adult things. Working, cleaning, and cooking are just not as thrilling. Now, you won't see the trade results for a bit, but I am excited for when the books do come in. It'll be magical, and I bet you have no clue what the titles are. XD


But on to this week's haul. First up, I have a bunch of new releases. I had preordered Fear the Flames by Olivia Rose Darling and Six Scorched Roses by Carissa Broadbent from Barnes & Noble. I also ordered the French edition of A Light in the Flame by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I ordered it from a site called FNAC, and it was delivered in like three days. I've never had an international company be so fast before. My Walmart exclusive edition of Goldfinch by Raven Kennedy also arrived. It arrived in an open ravioli-type package, but surprisingly, the book was fine. That same day, I also got Sorcery and Small Magics by Maiga Doocy from Orbit for review. I'm very excited for this one, and I hope to get to it in the next couple of weeks.
 

Next up, I have the Juniper set of the FBAA series. These have Poppy as the Maiden on the dustjacket spines. While this isn't my favorite design, seeing them in person has made me appreciate them much more. They're still waaaaaaay overpriced though, especially since the books themselves are the regular editions. The only thing different is the dustjackets. I bought this set on Mercari, so the resale prices were like $50 cheaper than the regular price. They are a little dinged on the corners, but nothing too terrible. They also came with the books, so I figured the cheaper price point was worth any risk that buying secondhand might have had. Now, I have to figure out what I'm going to do about the Flesh & Fire set that was just announced. I think I'm just going to get the dustjackets for those and slowly collect my own used/cheap copies of the books to put the jackets on.

And lastly, I have one lonely ebook. It's the Kindle Unlimited version of Goldfinch. I actually just started this one, and I'm sad that soon the Plated Prisoner series will be over. Although it's bittersweet, I definitely think it's time. The series grew so much over the years, and I know the author had some rough periods trying to get everything finished. It'll be good to see what new projects she works on now that this series is complete. 

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I'm trying to think what editions of these "mystery" books you could've traded for. I have one idea that I hope is right just because I remembered how much you liked them. I don't even know where people trade these days. The bird hashtag has been quiet for years now. Even before the bird flew the nest. I've a bunch of ARCs I've no idea what to do with now as I had always hoped I could trade them for something else I'd like, but yeah, that hasn't happened. I don't do Facebook so I miss out on whatever groups are there. I guess that's where everyone is at these days. And whoa! Congrats on finding a resale that didn't going higher than the original price! I feel like these days everyone is upcharging them to make extra cash. I've a stack of FL books I would like to try to sell but never know what price to go with...I also need to create said Pangobooks account and when I search for those books I need to sell I see a lot of them up at all different prices. That they are on there doesn't provide much confidence that I can even make a sale myself. Oh well, problem for another day...like when I try to actually sell them after I open an account and take all those pictures. Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads and collectors' items!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I've been meaning to create a Pango account for a while now, but ill need a printer for that and that's a lot of work.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!