Saturday, March 30, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The BB ASOAAB Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's been another quiet week. The only major thing I did that was out of the norm was visit my parents' house with my sister on a Monday night. We had dinner together. Life has just been eat, sleep, work out, work, and clean otherwise. Fun, fun.
 

As for books, I only got one this week. It's a good one, though. My Bookish Box preorder of A Soul of Ash and Blood finally arrived. I ordered this thing back in September. Bookish Box truly needs to get themselves together. I also received my last bookcase on Tuesday. It's not built yet, so I won't have any pics until later, but it is exciting to finally have it in my house. Now, I just need to find the time to put it together.


I got two ebooks this week. One was a NetGalley review ARC, and honestly, I'm a little irked. I requested Taran Matharu's Dragon Rider for review months ago, and the publisher just now approved it, when the book comes out in a month. I'm super grateful for every ARC I get, but there's no way I'm going to be able to read and review this soon with ApollyCon coming up along with major work deadlines. I always need time to get through my NetGalley ARCs. So, look for a review of this one in May. I also just downloaded a free Nook copy of Priest by Sierra Simone. I enjoyed some of her other books, so, even though I'm not a huge fan of priest romances, I thought I'd get this while it was zero dollars.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! I think I decided I was done with the Bookish Box versions of this series. I had theirs, FL, and Illumicrate and I just thought I need to stop doing this! Lol. I think I might have decided to keep up with Illumicrate and maybe FL. But yeah, TBB's preorder schedules are so weird! I ordered Maria V. Snyder's Study series in October and haven't gotten an update yet. I suspect since this was a September preorder hopefully those will be close to next! I know they do them far out, but this does seem more extreme compared to FL, but whatever.

    Yay for a new bookcase! It's always nice when one has room for more bookcases! My search for a house has not been going well lately, so I won't be getting any new bookcases in the near future either. Still mourn the house that I wanted to see but my realtor left me hanging before referring me to another. It went into a huge bidding war, so I wouldn't have gotten it anyway, but it had everything I was looking for and there was a bonus of built in bookshelves downstairs. Sigh...I'll miss that house that I never got to see in person! Lol.

    Yeah I hate when Netgalley does that too! I know they've done that to me in the past. I've been trying to be better about requesting books this year and only request ones I DESPERATELY want to read early. I was trying to make 2024 the year of the TBR and have been doing pretty good so far with that goal! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads when you get to read them! I'd be focusing on Apollycon books too if I had managed to get tickets. Sadly, that was another day of hell where I failed. I'd like to go once but probably won't ever get the chance. Oh well.

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!