Saturday, August 5, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Lost Boys Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

So my Ikea Billy bookcases are now built. There was only one incident that resulted in a replacement part being ordered, but otherwise, they're up. Now, I just need to fill them with books! I'll share some photos later. Right now, they don't look that impressive with only five shelves barely filled. Other than that, I've just been working, sleeping, and, weirdly enough, reading a lot of The Lost Boys fanfiction, which I'll get to in a bit.


I didn't get any physical books this week. Well, technically, I did, they were just delivered to my parents' house, so I'm likely to get them this upcoming weekend sometime, if they visit me or I visit them. We'll see. But I did get my preorder incentive swag from Sara Hashem for her book The Jasad Heir, which I very much enjoyed. I can't wait for book two!


Next, I have part of my A Touch of Magic Designs order from a couple of weeks ago. So, turns out, the first order I talked about was my original order. That one was missing some stuff. When I asked for a replacement since I thought the first order was lost in the mail somewhere, it actually came with the correct Kingdom of the Wicked print and a replacement shelfie that it was supposed to originally have. So I don't feel too bad about getting a duplicate order. I still don't understand why that first order took an entire month and a half to get to me, though.
 

And finally, I have the ebooks for this week. Here's where The Lost Boys story comes in. So for some strange reason, after seeing a tweet about The Lost Boys movie, I decided to read some fanfic. And now, I just want to read a dark and gritty vampire story that has similar vibes with a MM or MMF relationship. So I went to the internet to ask, and Silver Under Nightfall by Rin Chupeco was recommended. It's one I've had on my Goodreads TBR, but I always forget about it. I bought it immediately when I saw the rec though. I knew it would fit the mood I'm in. I haven't started it, since I'm still deep in the fanfic, but I plan on diving into it soon. My library hold for Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor also came in. I want to read this one to see if I'd like to purchase the new Illumicrate editions that are going on sale at the end of the month. They look gorgeous, but I can't justify $100+ on books I don't know if I'll like.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo. I'd be nervous putting my books in a basement. I'm nervous enough having them on the first floor, afraid water will get in somehow. Lol. But I do hope you find your new place soon. Fingers-crossed 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!