Saturday, July 29, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Lost and Delivered Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

A lot of stuff has happened since last week. The major thing being I got a nice bonus at work, which I used to purchase some Ikea Billy bookcases. Which meant a whole day trip to St. Louis. And boy, is Ikea's warehouse not a friendly place for people who don't go there often or for people who can't lift seven-foot-long heavy boxes. It was an entire ordeal to get two bookcase boxes out of the store. I was not impressed with the customer service. I plan to build the bookcases this weekend, right now they're just sitting on my floor, staring at me.


Anyway, let's talk about books. I had two preorders arrive this week. The first to arrive was from Barnes & Noble, and it's Slaying the Shadow Prince by Helen Scheuerer. I have two of the books in this interconnected-but-not monster-slaying-romance series by different authors. If I like the two I have, I'll purchase the other three. Next, I have my Waterstones order of The Jasad Heir by Sara Hashem. I ordered this one from Waterstones because I wanted the hardcover version. The US just printed a paperback for some dumb reason. I won't be ordering from Waterstones again unless they have an exclusive version, as holy cow was it expensive! I found Blackwell's for free shipping to the US. Thank goodness. Plus, this book got so lost for some reason. USPS truly hates delivering packages to my new address because things just have not made it to me on time. This one got mistakenly returned to sender right when it made it to my city, but went to the capitol and was rerouted back to me. The entire process took an extra week, with no updates on the tracking website to show where it was in the process. It just said Out for Delivery this past Thursday. It also wasn't in the best of shape because of the travel. I managed to fix it, but the corners are still dinged. Boo.

Lastly, I have my only ebook for the week. I downloaded Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross from Kindle Unlimited. I was surprised this one was on there, since it's so new. Good news for me, I guess. I don't know if I'll get to this one before it goes off of KU, but its nice to have the option. I just have so many things to read over the next two months that having the time to read this one seems very unlikely.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the quality of the shelves is hit or miss. Some people probably don't like the build-it-yourself model, but I just like the sleek look of those types of furniture pieces. Also, they can have extensions built on, so now the shelves are seven feet tall. That fills me with glee to have shelves that are over a foot taller than me. XD

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!