Saturday, June 17, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Red Queen LitJoy Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been a lot more chill than last week. I have a pretty big project at work, but other than that, I'm just relaxing. Oh, but I did visit my parents last Saturday, and I managed to get all of my FBAA editions packed up, transported, and arranged on my shelf in my bedroom, where I plan for all my favorites to live so I can look at them before I go to sleep. Ha ha. And after that, my friends and I spent a lot of money arranging our international trip. Ugh. Why do cool things always have to be expensive?! Oh, and major bummer, I didn't manage to get good Primal or Titan tickets for ApollyCon. I did get two Q&A tickets and a hotel block rate, so we'll see if I can score resale tickets or maybe volunteer. I'm not super optimistic though.


For my book haul this week, I have something that made the sting of not getting ApollyCon tickets slightly better. My LitJoy Red Queen special editions came in. And at first, I was upset with myself for buying these things. They were $200! But once I saw them in person, I had no regrets. They're gorgeous! And one day, I hope to reread the series, so I can look at all of the little annotations Victoria Aveyard put in these editions. I'm not sure when that'll be, though.


Next, I have an FBAA item. Are we surprised? I'd hope not. It's a given at this point that there will be a Poppy, Hawke, or Kieran in each of my hauls. This week, I have a standee of Poppy and Hawke. It's from Ivy Gwendoline. She has some amazing standees in her shop. I hope she does some more FBAA ones, but with all the licensing partnerships ending because of the Amazon show, I don't know if that'll happen. I'd love a Kieran, though.

And here I have my Barnes & Noble preorder of Tracy Wolff's Cherish, the last book in the Crave series...I think? I know there is at least one spinoff coming, but who knows what else Tracy will release in this world. Also, I still haven't read books 2-5, but did I take advantage of that 25% B&N preorder sale? Absolutely. Also, I received an ARC of Sara Hashem's The Jasad Heir from Orbit. I'm super excited about this one! I'm hoping I can get to it this month, but it just depends on my reading slump. Well, it's not really a reading slump per say. I want to read, I just can't find anything that calls to me out of the hundreds of unread books I have and I'm trying not to read more KU books.
 
 
 
 As for ebooks, I have three this week, all from different places, kind of. I purchased Zodiac Academy: The Awakening, book one of the series, on Amazon when it was $0.99. I figured it was a good investment if I cancel my KU membership, which I've been thinking about doing due to the price increase. I also borrowed Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree from the library. I don't know if I'll get to it before the three-week return date arrives. I guess I'll just put another hold on it, if so. And finally, I have The Beauty and the Orcs by Finley Fenn. This book released on Friday, and I finished it on Saturday. I don't know why, but the books in that series are so addicting. Well, of the three I've read that is. The first five didn't really interest me, so I skipped them.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I've definitely had moments like that with all the book boxes special editions of series I loved. Fairy Loot is my main dealer! Lol. Owl Crate on occasion too, but not so much lately. Although I am super stoke for their SE of A Curse for True Love with their alternate ending Stephanie mentioned! Hoping I can still snag a second copy later on as I managed to get the first two in the shop afterwards so I can reverse the dust jacket on the book. It's terrible having a book addiction! Especially when you love one author and want ALL the books in every way possible! Lol.

    Sorry to hear you didn't get Apollycon tickets either. I was majorly upset about this as both my friend and I were hoping to attend! There were so many authors who were attending that I am dying to meet and ones I am dying to see again after so many years of having not seen them...mainly from my RT Con days! I'm not on Facebook so I can't partake in the resales and plus, I am a planner. I would not be able to handle doing a spur of the moment kind of trip since I need to use vacation days, book travel...there's too many things to go wrong by a last second trip and I know there's a cutoff for the resales, but it just wouldn't be enough for my meticulous planning details for me to bother trying.

    Nice standee too! I've the Caraval ones from A Touch of Magic and I love them! Sadly, they are in storage now as are many of my Caraval items. My home search is not going well sadly and now my Caraval Case (as I call the bookshelf that holds all my Stephanie Garber books) is overflowing and I have the books on the biggest case I have in general so that's kind of driving me crazy too! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads and new goodies/collectibles! Happy Reading!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I finally got my standee shelfies out of the box I had them in from when I moved. It felt pretty good to finally put them on my shelves. 😄

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!