Saturday, June 24, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Bond Boys Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been blah. I've had a couple of icky-feeling days. Nothing serious, just inconvenient, and work is very chaotic with a looming deadline. Next week will probably be even worse. But I have actually gotten a lot reading done since I didn't go the gym until Wednesday of this week. Yikes.


For my book haul, I have one physical book, and it's a pretty one. I've been not-so-patiently waiting on the prices for The Bookish Box's Between Wrath and Mercy edition to go down in price on secondhand sites like Mercari. Well, I finally found someone who accepted my low-ball offer, and here we are! This book is so pretty! It may not look like much because of my not-so-great photography skills, but it has beautiful purple foiling on the front and back, Jemlin character endpaper art, and lovely stenciled edges.  It's gorgeous. And the second book is going on sale soon too! It has blue foiling!


Next, I have another Prettygal Pins tarot card deck with more Jemlin art. This deck is for J. Bree's Bonds That Tie series, and man, these are beautiful. I can't wait to display these somehow/someway/somewhere whenever I get my final shelves set up 100 years from now. I also need to actually purchase the physical books in the series, but I've been waiting for the author to release her hardcover versions. It's taking forever! Anyway, let's all take a minute to appreciate Oli and her bond boys.


And here I have some ebooks. The first two are Kindle Unlimited downloads, while the last one, Calamity by Constance Kay, is a NetGalley ARC from Bramble, the Tor SFF romance imprint. This will be my second book to review for them, and I'm excited! Tavia Lark's Prince and the Bodyguard and Nordika Night's Lot 62 are sequels to other KU books I've read recently.
 

 And here I have more KU ebooks. I downloaded Soul Eater by Lily Mayne earlier this week, and I think I binged it in like 24 hours. Maybe a little bit longer. But it was a good time. It's a post-apocalyptic MM monster romance series. It's a weird story at times (but not the weirdest I've read), but I like it. I think I'll have to take a break soon, though. I'm currently on The Rycke, book three, and there are like eight of these things. I definitely need to put on the brakes before I get burnt out.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!