Saturday, November 12, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Map of Solis Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Wow, have a lot of things changed in the last couple of weeks. The biggest change being that I'm moving next month because... I got a new job! And this job, I think, will allow me to rent a place with two bedrooms! That means I can have a library!!!! But, that'll come later. I'm moving back in with my parents for a bit, since they live in the area, and if I like the job, I'll then get a new place. So I may be absent in December and the next couple of months as I try to figure out life. But even though I'm moving and I'll have to pack up all my books, I still have more books coming in. Because I'm an addict.


The three physical books I got include two preorders from Barnes & Noble: Bloodmarked by Tracy Deonn and Charm by Tracy Wolff. My FairyLoot copy of These Twisted Bonds by Lexi Ryan also arrived. Will I have time to read any of these? Nope. I probably won't get to them until mid-2023 at this point. Ugh.


Next up is Dreamerwhale's FBAA gadget box. It was basically full of swag items. There was a mug of Poppy and Hawke, character cards, three page overlays, a poster with the same image as the mug on it (not pictured), and a giant Hawke book sleeve. The mug, sadly, isn't my thing and I probably won't keep the art print, since the art style just isn't my favorite. I do like the Hawke book sleeve, but I wish it came as a print instead. The character cards depict the FBAA crew in a unique way, so that's fun. And the page overlays are cute, even though I'm not a huge fan of overlays. I'd rather have a print.


And here is a print I bought from the JLA Shop. It's the Solis map of Jennifer L. Armentrout's FBAA world. It was smaller than I thought it would be, but I'm excited to have it. I'm crossing my fingers that in my new place I'll have room to display it with all my FBAA editions. *Squee!*.


Now on to the ebooks. I randomly decided to download Captive by Jex Lane from Kindle Unlimited. It's got a bit of a straightforward writing style that I wish was slightly more flowery, but it's still pretty addicting. I'm about 20% in right now and I think I'll finish it over the weekend. I also bought The Cottage by Ariana Nash. It's a novella set in the Prince's Assassin world.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Congrats on the new job! I'm still in the trying to find my own place stage of things too. My parents just moved so I kinda moved with them since I'm struggling to find something that I can afford and is in the area I'd like to be in. Hoping I can get my sister's friend to help since he's getting into the real estate business! fingers crossed! Hope you're able to find the right place too! I definitely want at least 2 bedrooms as well! Library room! Lol.

    Nice new reads and goodies! I got my FL of Lexi's book last week and am hoping to read that one soon too! I plan to rearrange my reading queue though for Charm as I've been dying to read that one for a year now! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your reads and goodies! The FBAA goodies are beautiful!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!