Saturday, October 2, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Double Special Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has, like last week, been stressful. Not solely because of work, though that has played a small part. I've been feeling icky over the past week (it's not the C-19 word, I know that for sure). But, the sickness is over, and I have energy once again. Oh, and now it's mysteriously October?! Where did September go?


First up in this haul is the September FairyLoot, which was a total dud. The box was just awful. The edition of the book was subpar compared to normal FairyLoot quality, and I totally prefer the US hardcover design. I'm actually trying to sell my box, minus the tarot cards and monthly theme art items, but seems like everyone else is trying to sell their boxes too. If I end up being unable to sell the box, I'm thinking I'll read the book, and if I like it, I'll buy a US copy to take to Apollycon and get signed by the author.


Another FairyLoot order came in. My FBAA pre-order! YAY!!!! While I don't really love the covers of these editions, the inside designs are to die for! I plan on displaying the naked books and framing the reverse dustjacket art. However, I'm waiting to hear back from FairyLoot before I frame anything because my TCOGB copy had some damage to the front cover that has indented both sides of the jacket. My FBAA jacket also had some damage to the corner flaps but it isn't as terrible. Still sad, though. I hope I can get new dustjackets.

More FBAA items? Are we surprised at this point? So I ordered some magnetic bookmarks (and one sticker) from Etsy. This is part one of two orders. Though technically, it's three orders and I just had two shipped together. I honestly spent waaaay too much money on these chibbi bookmarks. It's insane.


This is the last of my 2021 pre-orders. Of physical books, that is. I still have one ebook waiting to be downloaded in October. EOTV I ordered from Book Depository, and it arrived super banged up. It honestly looked like a used book, not a brand new hardcover. BD decided to ship the ginormous book in a bubble mailer. WTH!?! Why would a book company send an international order in a bubble mailer? It makes no sense. I contacted BD, though, and they gave me a tiny refund. I didn't even know they gave partial refunds. I just wanted to encourage them not to use bubble mailers for international orders. Also, my pre-order of Dark Rise by C.S. Pacat arrived. It was the final book in my B&N fall 2021 pre-order purchase. I'm excited for this one, and I really hope it's good

Lastly, we have the FBAA Bookish Box special edition set, with associated trinkets. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by this box. The books are super nice and better quality than they appeared in sneak peeks, the T-shirt and blanket are uber soft, and the Dominique artwork is fantastic! The candle and bookmarks are good too. I'm a little meh on the necklace and the keychain though. The keychain just because it's a little too sharp to put in my bag. I don't want it to cut holes in my bag if I do put it on my keys. I will say, though, BB's editions are my least favorite of the three versions we've gotten. But that map! It's very pretty! I'd show it, but I'm too lazy. ;)

Well, that's all for this post. I can't believe I received all of this in just a single week. It's crazy how all of my pre-orders are coming in at the same time. Next time, I should have another FairyLoot edition and my August FairyLoot box (which was hanging out at my parents' house), so it'll be another good book week.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I was a little meh on The Bookish Box set of FBAA. The dustjackets were just a little too red for my liking. Still pretty though! I liked the Fairy Loot ones best I think, though I kind of wish I could've afforded the Illumicrate one, but sadly it wasn't in the cards. I actually liked the September FL box. The book was a little lackluster in terms of differences but it's still one I wanted to read...and may have ordered two copies of already. Lol. I liked most of the items though. I am super excited for next month's box though! Oh the wait will be torture!

    Hope you enjoy all of your nice new reads! I still have a few November books I'm waiting on from the B&N coupon sale! Though I should be getting one more today!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cirlces on the Bookish Box sets are what really baffle me. I don't understand who thought they were a good idea. They just detract from the main artwork. But still nicer than I had thought they'd be overall. Illumicrate is my fave all around, though.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!