Monday, October 4, 2021

September Wrap-Up & October TBR

I can't believe we're into October now. Wow. I feel like I spent the entire month of September so stressed out that it just flew by. I think October will be pretty much the same. I have big work projects and a possible mini family vacation happening as well. *sigh* I really just want to stay home and read, but it's probably not going to happen soon.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in September


Oaths of Legacy: 4 stars (my review)
Storm & Fury: re-read
Bitter Sweet Love: re-read

I only read three books in September. Technically, it was only 2.5, since Bitter Sweet Love is just a novella. But I'm counting it as three since I'm disappointed I couldn't get through the entire Harbinger trilogy this month. Stupid life, being all stressful and causing me to not want to read. Other than the two Dark Elements/Harbinger books, I read Oaths of Legacy by Emily Skrutskie, a NetGalley review copy. It's the second book in the Bloodright series, and I very much enjoyed this installment. I'm excited for book three. So, overall I read one ebook, re-read an ebook, and re-read a physical book.

Books Bought/Received in September

I spent a lot of money on books in September. Some of it was planned, some of it was not.

In total, I bought 15 books this month; 14 were physical copies and only one was an ebook, Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa. It was $0.99 on Kindle. Thankfully, I only pre-ordered one FairyLoot book, which was their edition of Vespertine by Maragaret Rogerson. It won't arrive until later this year. I also had two B&N pre-orders that shipped this month, which mean I was charged in September, though one didn't technically arrive until October, so it's not pictured here. Under the Whispering Door is the one that did make it. My major book  expense was when I went to my local used bookstore, Hooked on Books, and ended up grabbing way too much. I'm not going to list everything here, but it was 11 books total. Oops. At least they weren't full price. All in all, I paid for 15 books this month, including the one ebook and one FairyLoot pre-order; however, I actually only received 13 of these within September.

As for books I received in September but didn't pay for in September, my pre-order of both FairyLoot's and Bookish Box's FBAA books finally arrived, bringing my total FBAA book count to eight physical copies, in addition to the ebooks. I also received my September FairyLoot with Defy the Night and Beasts of Prey, both of which I'm trying to sell, but I don't think anyone will buy them. Ugh. I paid for September's FairyLoot in August with my six-month subscription plan. My pre-order of the FairyLoot edition of Iron Raven by Julie Kagawa came in, along with my UK EOTV copy. I think I paid for EOTV back in July, since Book Depository charges when you check out. I also "bought" a free ebook of Fortune Favors the Cruel by Kel Carpenter on Kindle. And lastly, my friend got me a copy of Deal With an Elf King by Elise Kova as a late birthday gift. In total, that's 25 books I received: two ebooks and 23 physical copies, only eight of which I've read. Yikes. My TBR is going to fall over and kill me one of these days.

Currently Obsessed With

Not a ton of obsessions in the month of September. But I am getting prepared for spooky season with the TV show I'm currently watching. Oooooo...

The show I've been somewhat binging over the course of September is What We Do in the Shadows, a mockumentary style vampire show. My sister wanted me to watch it, and it's fun. Not super funny, but it has its moments. The third season isn't quite as good as the first two, though. I can't remember if I've been watching anything else besides weekly episodes of Animal Kingdom on TNT. That show will end this month, sadly. But after I catch up on these two, I'll probably dip into some Halloween movies as well as some paranormal shows like Lucifer.

October TBR


Once again, more TBR repeats for the month of October, unfortunately. I only have to re-read one Harbinger book before I get to read Grace & Glory for the first time and I may actually be finished with it by the time this post goes up. Maybe. Other than those two, I'm still working my way through A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. Sadly, I've fallen behind on this one. I'm going to have to step up my reading to get this one done by the end of the year. Or I could just read more than one chapter at a time. Ha! My other major TBR books are EOTV and Jennifer L. Armentrout's A Shadow in the Ember. Both are book club reads. Everything else I read will just be for fun. No plans needed. :)

***

Okay, well, that's the month of September, plus some October sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!