Monday, November 1, 2021

October Wrap-Up & November TBR

Well, spooky season is over. We're now getting closer and closer to winter. Ick. I hate it. I love fall vibes and weather (normally, when it's not raining every single day), but I am not a fan of cold. I'll take summer heat any day of the week over freezing temperatures. But anywho, let's talk about books.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in October

Empire of the Vampire: 4 stars
Rage & Ruin: re-read
Grace & Glory: 3 stars

A Shadow in the Ember: 4 stars (ebook)
Hostile Takeover: 3 stars (ebook)

I read five books in October. Three were physical books: Rage & Ruin, Grace & Glory, and EOTV, and the last two were ebooks, A Shadow in the Ember and Hostile Takeover by Lucy Lennox. So three JLA books this month. Wow. Of course, Rage & Ruin was a re-read to prep for Grace & Glory, which I did not love, btw. It seriously disappointed me. I also was very meh about ASITE and EOTV. This year just hasn't been a good reading year. Hopefully, I'll pick up a 4.5 to 5 star read sometime between now and the start of 2022. Oh, and unfortunately, none of the books I read in October were books owned prior to 2021. But I'm hoping my November TBR can help with this.

Books Bought/Received in October

In total, I bought three books this month: ASITE and Hostile Takeover by Lucy Lennox, the two ebooks that released this month, and I pre-ordered FairyLoot's edition of Iron Sword by Julie Kagawa, which won't arrive until February. However, I did receive five pre-ordered physical copies in October. The October FairyLoot box with Once Upon a Broken Heart came in as well as my replacement FairyLoot edition of Gods & Monsters after the first copy arrived damaged. Earlier in the month, Dark Rise arrived from a B&N order. And, my parents brought me my August FairyLoot box, so I now have These Hollow Vows and Afterlove. I won't be keeping Afterlove, as I just don't think it'll be something I'm into, but the copy does have pretty pink edges.

Currently Obsessed With

Like September, I don't have much I'm obsessing over. I did get a little into the spooky season and watched some Halloween movies, though. And of course, I had to watch my favorite...

Yep. Hocus Pocus is my all-time favorite Halloween film, as I'm sure is the same for a lot of people. It's just so good. It's witchy with talking cats and magical books, but it also has amazing humor and wacky vibes I love. I don't care for scary Halloween movies. I don't really like horror films. I'm more of a Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, and Casper kind of girl. Other than HP, I watched Underworld one and two as well as continuing with season three of What We Do in the Shadows.

November TBR

Only one repeat in this month's TBR! Yay! I'm so excited that I managed to knock those Harbinger books off my TBR. That was really bumming me out. But now, onto reading some books I've owned prior to 2021. I checked to see how many books I've read of the physical copies I owned prior to 2021, and it wasn't looking good. So I'm trying to get through some of these before the New Year. Will I get through them all? Nope. But I'm hoping for at least three. Maybe five. I'm also continuing to read A Clash of Kings and I'd like to get to These Hollow Vows, a 2021 acquisition.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of October, plus some November sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!