Saturday, September 25, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Spending Problem Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Man, the past couple of weeks have been uber stressful. I applied to another job, didn't get it (which I'm fine with), and a lot of big things have been happening both in my work life and personal life. One of which, I'll talk about below. Despite my busy-ness, I managed to have book mail. Lots of book mail. I have a bunch of pre-orders coming in soon, and I already have way too many books to share, so here's this week's/month's/whatever's StS. It's a lot, so sorry in advance.


I got a suprise birthday gift from my book club/high school friend. It came a few weeks late, but better late than never! (I honestly didn't expect anything from her, so this was a fun gift to receive.) She sent me an art print of Bryce and Hunt from Crescent City and Deal With an Elf King by Elise Kova. Also, sorry for the terrible lighting in this pic. DWAEK is not a photogenic book.


I bought an ebook copy of Rhapsodic, as it was only $0.99 on Kindle. I've heard very mixed things about this series, but I am interested in trying it. I don't think it'll be groundbreaking or anything. The series does have some hauntingly beautiful covers, however.

I got one free ebook this month. It was a Kindle copy, of course. I need to use my Nook app more, but I just forget that it's even a thing. (Sorry, Barnes & Noble.) I had never heard of Fortune Favors the Cruel by Kel Carpenter before I saw the free listing, so this will be an interesting read, if I ever get around to it. It does have a very pretty cover, though.

Up next we have two pre-orders. One is the FairyLoot edition of The Iron Raven. I pre-ordered it back in June/July. The bad thing, though, is that my other Iron Fey FairyLoot editions are at my parents' house, so I can't admire the set as a whole. *sigh* I also just got TJ Klune's Under the Whispering Door, which I pre-ordered via B&N during their fall pre-order sale. I have one more book still to come from that sale. But look at that dumb sticker on the cover! Why, B&N?! Why?!

These next two pics are where things get expensive. Horribly, awfully expensive. Well, technically this one wasn't that bad. I went to my local used bookstore, and they had way more than I thought they would. They initially called me about a request I'd placed on Stray by Rachel Vincent, and I was super excited that a copy had come in. I went to the bookstore thinking I'd get one or two other titles, but I came out with eleven. Yikes. Five of them are Jennifer L. Armentrout contemporary romance books, of which I've already read two. The others are A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet, The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern, An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson, The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh, and Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins (the only book in the Sweet series I didn't have). I haven't read any of these, so in total, I added nine more books to my TBR with that trip.


And last, but certainly not least, I have my Titan tickets to 2022's Apollycon. The most expensive purchase of the month. Somehow I managed to get two tickets for me and my friend. I originally wasn't quick enough to purchase them. The major ticket tiers sold out in like one minute. So me and my friend were uber bummed, but through a glitch, more tickets that had been held back showed up in the app and I snagged two! Now, I'm just looking for two brunch tickets!

Well, that's all for this haul. It was insane, but I have more to come. So much more. My Bookish Box and FairyLoot FBAA editions, September FairyLoot, B&N pre-order, FairyLoot Gods & Monsters, UK EOTV, and some fan art items are all possibly arriving within the next week. It's gonna be another long post...

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Just...whoa!! Amazing haul this week!! I also got my FL The Iron Raven! I'm hoping to take a nice picture or two tomorrow when I do some bookstagram pics. Hopefully I'll have time for that! Lol.

    I wanted soooo badly to go to Apollycon this year. But life threw me some curveballs and it just wasn't in the cards. Maybe 2023...sigh. I did spontaneously decide to go to YALLFest this year, so it's not a total loss!

    I loooved Amanda Bouchet's book! I still need to read the rest of the trilogy and start her new books for that matter too! Stray was AMAZING! I read it when it first came out so many years ago and Rachel fast became a favorite author! I was on her website's discussion board for so many years before I started blogging and it was when that one started to die down that I created a blog! Lol.

    I hope you enjoy all your awesome new reads! I'm tracking what I believe is my FL FBAA editions. I think tracking told me Wednesday...so hopefully it's accurate! Already another of my orders is being held hostage in NJ...again. Just told "emergency" with no updates since 9/21, which makes me incredibly nervous since it's my books!

    Hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo YallFest sounds fun! I've been interested in that one in the past, and it would probably be a cool event now that BookCon is gone. :(

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!