Wednesday, September 1, 2021

August Wrap-Up & September TBR

I feel like August has gone by in a flash. I also don't feel like I accomplished a whole lot, but when I list it out, it actually seems quite productive. Basically, I completed some major, stressful work projects, got my couch delivered, celebrated my birthday by being as lazy as possible and taking a personal day to just relax after said stressful work, and watched some TV. But that list isn't what you're here for, you're here for books.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in August


The Exiled Fleet: 4 stars (my review)
Every Last Breath: re-read
The Endless Skies: 3 stars (my review; ebook; not pictured)
The Princess Will Save You: 4 stars
Artificial Condition: 3.5 stars (ebook; not pictured)

I read five books in August. Not bad, but I was hoping to read at least one or two more. Of the five, two were NetGalley ebook review copies: The Exiled Fleet by J.S. Dewes and The Endless Skies by Shannon Price. I adore J.S. Dewes's Divide world, and I seriously hope there are at least two or three more books in the series. As you can tell from this month's photos, I bought physical copies of the series because I love it so much. It's such a fun time. Artificial Condition by Martha Wells was another ebook I read, but this was for my book club. I also skimmed All Systems Red to refresh myself for the sequel. For the two physical books I read in August, one was a re-read, Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and the other was a whim read, The Princess Will Save You by Sarah Henning. The Princess Will Save You is the only book I read that I'd bought/received prior to 2021.

Books Bought/Received in August

 

August was a bad month for my wallet. Not only did I spend a lot on books, but I, once again, bought a lot of fan art. Oh, and my couch was finally delivered, which meant $500 was taken out of my account this month. Yay.

In total, I bought eight books in the month of August, and six of those were FairyLoot books. I decided to do a six-month subscription to FairyLoot, which meant I paid for all six boxes up front for a little bit extra off the costs. Of course I did this right before they announced an adult fantasy book subscription, which I'm way more interested in than the YA boxes. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to skip boxes for both subs whenever the book doesn't sound good. I hate doing that though. I feel like I'm going to miss something. Other than those six FairyLoot books, I bought The Exiled Fleet using Barnes & Noble's 25% off pre-order coupon, and I got an ebook of Artificial Condition.


As for books I received in August, my pre-order of Chest of Fandom's German Blood & Ash book box was delivered to my parents' address, same for the July FairyLoot book, Six Crimson Cranes. So my parents were able to deliver these to me during their previous visit. They also bought me The Last Watch by J.S. Dewes for my birthday.

Currently Obsessed With

Unlike earlier months of this year, August has been an insane time for me in terms of consuming movies and TV shows. That's probably why I only got five books read. Oops.

The show that took up most of my extracurricular hours was TNT's Animal Kingdom. The fourth season was available on Amazon Prime and the fifth season is currently airing, so I binged both and am watching new episodes every Sunday night. I actually stayed up until five a.m. to watch season four and part of five. Yikes. It was a weekend, so at least I wasn't working after. In addition to Animal Kingdom, I've been watching some of my favorite movies, like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, The Mummy, and The Labyrinth. Oh, and I watched Loki on Disney+. I wasn't super impressed, but it was fun, I guess... The MCU just hasn't been able to impress me since Infinity War, sadly.

September TBR


More TBR repeats for the month of September, unfortunately. I'm truly hoping to get through my re-read of the Dark Elements/Harbinger series by the end of the month. I only have two books to go, and I've already started Storm & Fury. Then, I get to read Grace & Glory for the first time. The anticipation is killing me, but I have to do the re-read. I just don't remember enough to go into the last book blind. Other than these, I'm still working my way through A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. I'm on track to finish it before the end of this year. Woohoo! My other major TBR book is Oaths of Legacy by Emily Skrutskie. It's a NetGalley ARC, so it needs to be read. Oh, and I have my September book club read and These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan that I'll be getting to this month.

***

Okay, well, those are the month of August, plus some September sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!