Saturday, July 24, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Catch Up Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I'm baaaaack! With a major haul! So I just finished moving to my own official apartment earlier this month. My washing machine and dryer have been installed, my chest of drawers has been built (took me 5 hours), and my car's brakes have been checked. It's been a hell of a month. But yay, more books!

First off, my preordered Realm Breaker FairyLoot edition came in, and so did my Fairy Trove Restock order of FairyLoot's Blood & Honey. I'm not super impressed with the Realm Breaker edition, as it's not all that different from the regular edition, but it's better than the other version I got.

June's Bookish Box (and my last monthly Bookish Box order) arrived sometime last month, and I was not impressed. I bought it because it had an FBAA item as well as Victoria Aveyard's new book. Unfortunately, Bookish Box's exclusive edition isn't as exclusive as I'd like. The red font is odd, and the reversible dustjacket art on it is meh. The items aren't that impressive either.


Sorry this photo is so dark, but here's a small used bookstore haul of a couple of Rachel Vincent's Shifter series books as well as some Nalini Singh Angel Blood books. I'm hoping to read both series sometime this year, so I jumped on these while they were at the bookstore, despite all of them being later books in the series' installments. Got 'em all for less than $13, though.

I got two ebooks. The first was The Exiled Fleet by J.S. Dewes. It's a sequel and one of my most anticipated for the last half of the year. And it's a review copy from NetGalley! Woohoo! I do wish it had been approved a month or two earlier though, as the book officially releases in August and this month has been too busy to really review anything.

 

The other book I got was Unchained: Nephilim Rising by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It was $0.99 on Kindle. I can't believe I haven't read this one yet. There are so many random JLA books I just haven't got to and it's depressing.

May's FairyLoot finally arrived. Big surprise, another late FairyLoot box. And boy, was I super disappointed in this one. That book is just not to my tastes. I much prefer the original Witches Steeped in Gold cover. The items were okay. Nothing amazing, but nothing awful either.


Another crappy photo, but I also received my From Blood & Ash Illumicrate box last week. And man, this edition is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what Illumicrate does with the rest of the series. I will be getting rid of the book sleeve/jacket thing, though. The artwork is just not to my taste. Every other item was awesome, however. I am a tad disappointed in the mug artwork, but it's still an okay design. BUT, the blanket is soft, the replica dagger is shiny, the gold-foiled print has KIERAN on it, and the little magnets are fun. Overall, a lovely box.

Next, we have some prints I bought off Redbubble, including the Poppy and wolven-form Kieran, Rowan, and Casteel behind bars. The Casteel woodmark came from a Flickerwix order, and the Zayne and Trinity print was the preorder incentive for JLA's Grace & Glory.



My Kieran Dominique Wesson print came!!! I love him so much! I also have a print that a generous FBAA Facebook group member sold me for $2.50! It has the entire FBAA trio on it. Yay!

Okay, well that's the last of my haul. Of course I've preordered many o' things that won't arrive until later, but I'll post those when I get them. For now, I hope you enjoy this enormous haul, and I'll try not to let so much time go by between Stacking the Shelves posts, as this was a doozy to write up.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. WHOA! Just WHOA!! Your haul is AMAZING!!! Gotta love a used bookstore find too! Those look like they are in pretty good condition! I am SOOO behind on Nalini's series here. I think I still need to read just about all of those books! Lol! I ADORED Rachel Vincent's Shifter series! I read that as it released and it was in part the reason I created my blog. Lol. It was really fun and I looooved it! You'll definitely want to binge that series! I remember the cliffhangers got really intense as it moved along!

    I think the Illumicrate FBAA was the only one I didn't order! I splurged on the Fairy Loot and Bookish Box ones and couldn't really afford another one, let alone a UK priced one. Shipping kills. Can't believe both ones I ordered though have experienced shipping delays. But it's cool! I just want to see them really! Lol.

    You seriously got some great stuff and books here since your last haul post! Hope you enjoy all the new lovelies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes, it's the perks of accumulating everything for one giant StS post. Lol. I actually bought all three FBAA editions, and I'm not regretting it so far. When book six comes out and I've spent $1000+ on this series alone, then I may regret it. ;)

      And I've always wanted the physical copies of the Shifter series. I wish they weren't so rare. Now, I only have two more left to find, and then I can read them. Yay!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!