Friday, November 20, 2020

The End of the Year Book Tag

The hell that is 2020 is almost over! Hurrah! Now, while 2020 was bad for almost every faucet of my life, one good thing that came out of it was my reading amount. Being stuck at home all the time really helped me get out of my 2019/early-2020 reading slump.

We still have a month and a half of the year left, so I thought I’d do the End of the Year Book Tag. I’m not sure who this tag was created by, but I found the questions on Green Tea & Paperbacks blog. Anywho, let’s get this party started!

Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

Yes. I started Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare in September. I was about 100 pages in, but I wasn’t feeling it at the time. I had a minor reading slump in September and October that I’m blaming on Jennifer L. Armentrout’s A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire. That book was sooooo good, and nothing else I had on my shelves could compare. I put down a lot of books that I know I’ll probably like, simply because I wasn’t in the mood for them right then. I doubt I finish Lady Midnight before 2021, but I might try to get over halfway.

Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

Not really. I’m not a seasonal reader, for the most part. I do have Let the Wind Rise by Shannon Messenger on my 2020 TBR, and I need to get to it soon. It has elemental magic in it, does that count as seasonal? I’m also going to try (again) to read A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas before 2021. I haven’t read it, so I can’t be sure, but it seems like it gives off autumnal/winter-y vibes. I know that in January of next year I want to read Winterspell by Claire Legrand for a snowy transition book, but that’s not 2020.

Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?

Yes and kind of are my answers. Master of One by Daida Jones is one I really want to read. Unfortunately, my copy is coming in a subscription box, two months after the original release date. Also, the fourth book in the Ember in the Ashes series comes out in December, but I’m waiting on Penguin Teen to release a boxset, so I can have matching hardback covers. Also also, I almost forgot that A Warm Heart in Winter by J.R. Ward is coming out December 1. I’m nervous about it, though, as I did not like The Chosen.

What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

The big one is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It’s my book club’s autumn pick, and we’re all struggling to get through. I’m almost halfway right now, but it’s a doozy. The other two are United by Melissa Landers and Let the Wind Rise. I had a 2020 reading goal to read some last books in series that I own. These two are the only books left on that list. Oh, and I need to read Cast in Firelight, since it’s a review copy.

Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?

Hmm… Maybe Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco? I’ve heard good things, even though I knew nothing about it prior to it being featured in the October FairyLoot box.

Have you already started making reading plans for 2021?

Yes. I know I want to finish the Daevabad trilogy, including a re-read of The City of Brass. The City of Brass was one of my favorite reads of the year, but I held off finishing the trilogy because my FairyLoot copies didn’t get here until October-ish and I got super busy with work. I wanted to take my time and really enjoy my experience reading the series, so I’m hoping to get to them immediately in 2021. My other reading plans are less concrete, but I do want to start and complete some series I own all the copies of, like Caraval. I also need to read A Clash of Kings, but that will take the entire year since I only read a few chapters of the ASoIaF books at a time.

***

Alright, there you have it. My End of the Year Book Tag answers. What would your answers to these questions be? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!