Saturday, April 18, 2020

Stacking the Shelves: The Crescent City Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I wasn’t supposed to buy books this week/month/season, but here we are.

House of Blood and Earth by Sarah J. Maas
From Blood and Ash swag

So, yeah. I spent money on books this week. Well, a book. Singular. I shouldn’t have, but I keep seeing reviews and fanart for House of Blood and Earth and I don’t want to be spoiled, so I bought it. Now, I must read it. After I read a couple of other things.

Question: How many other people out there call this book Crescent City? I do it all the time. Why did the cover designer make the series title font so large?!? It’s annoying.

I also received my From Blood and Ash book-order swag. (Not a pre-order incentive since the book was already out when the swag giveaway happened.)

What books have you bought/received lately?

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's weird when publishers do that. Especially when the title is longer than the series title. It definitely makes it hard to know what the actual title is! I remember on the ARC of Bree Despain's The Shadow Prince, they did that. INTO THE DARK was soooo big...I actually didn't know which was which when I started reading it. That was some odd years ago of course. But yeah, really, really bad on publishers part. No matter how popular the author or whatever, there will always be that new reader who might not know how to tell which is the title and which is the series title.

    I still need to read this mammoth too! Doing good at avoiding reviews and spoilers but totally curious to know the meanings behind all the fan art. For that one I might need to take a few vacation days so I can binge it peacefully at 800+ pages!

    Hope you enjoy the new read! Lovely picture too! ;)


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been spoiled so far, but the longer I wait, the more likely it is it's gonna happen. It happened with ACOMAF and I'm still not able to finish that series. Lol. And glad you feel the same way about the cover. XD

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is silly cover design. How odd! I sort of stopped reading Sarah J. Maas, some stuff about her books annoyed me, but this teeeempts me.

    My STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understand! I still haven't read the last two books in the ACOTAR series because I was tired of her changing love interests in the middle of series, so I get it.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!