Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday: By Force Alone by Lavie Tidhar


"Can’t-Wait Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Wishful Endings, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

By Force Alone
Publication Date: June 16, 2020
Hardcover, 416 pages, Tor Books
Genres: Adult, Historical Fiction, Retelling

A retelling of Arthurian myth for the age of Brexit and Trump, from World Fantasy Award-winner Lavie Tidhar, By Force Alone.

Everyone thinks they know the story of King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table.

The fact is they don't know sh*t.

Arthur? An over-promoted gangster.
Merlin? An eldritch parasite.
Excalibur? A shady deal with a watery arms dealer.
Britain? A clogged sewer that Rome abandoned just as soon as it could.

A savage and cutting epic fantasy, equally poetic and profane, By Force Alone is at once a timely political satire, a magical adventure, and a subversive masterwork.

My Thoughts

I’ve heard really good things about this book, which is great, because I need a good Arthurian retelling in my life. I miss Merlin, Arthur, and the gang. I’ve even thought about re-watching the Merlin TV show, even though I know the ending just makes me sad. Plus, By Force Alone is supposed to make the story gritty and dark. And I just want it ASAP.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. Oooh nice! Totally new to me one. I never really read much about Arthur. I hope you positively love it once you get to read it!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a new one to me. It sounds like it will be a good one!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book around and it looks interesting!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very picky about the Arthurian-type novels I will read. This sounds very promising! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I think it sounds promising too. I hope it's good. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yes! Sign me up. I've not heard of this one but it sounds great and Tor publishes some great titles.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!