"Stacking the
Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book
buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving
community.
This week wasn't quite as quiet and lazy as last week. I ended up going to a Simple Plan concert this past weekend. I honestly kept forgetting that I was even going, so it snuck up on me. It was an outdoor concert, so it was terribly hot, but it was a fun time overall. The rest of the week was boring, though, as per usual.
As for the books I received this week, I only have one physical copy, which is great considering last week was a giant haul of a stack. My lone paperback is Splintered Kingdom by Gretchen Powell Fox. I preordered this from Barnes & Noble during the 25% off sale two sales back, I think... They all blur together at this point, but I do try to keep my preorders within 1-2 seasons of the release date. That makes it easier for me to remember what books I preordered recently.
Up next, I have a preorder incentive that arrived. I completely forgot about it too. My memory is not what it used to be. It's a signed bookplate and an art card for The City of Souls and Sinners by Kayla Edwards. Now, I was under the impression the artwork would not be that small, so that's a bit disappointing, but oh well. It was free. I still need to read the first book in the series, but I heard this will be a seven-book series and the author has only written through book four, with five on the way, so it'll be a while before I get to it.
And lastly, I have six ebooks that I downloaded during one of the free "Stuff Your Kindle" type days. It wasn't just a Kindle event, though. The ebooks were free across platforms. I downloaded three on Nook: Drawn by Dragonblood by Lynn Burke, Grayson's Mate by Tamsin Baker, and Fae Bound by Kayla Brooks. I went on the Kindle list to check their free offerings because sometimes Kindle has more indie authors' books available than Nook. There, I got Forsaken Mate by Vasilisa Drake and A Match Made in Hell by Traci Lovelot. Now, I also managed to get Steal the Wind by Jocelynn Drake, which you've probably seen before as a KU download. I've always wanted to read this book, but I just never did. I've downloaded it so many times but canceled my subscription before I could get to it. Well, that's not an issue now, as I have a free copy! Huzzah!
That's all for me. What books have
you bought/received lately?



No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!