It's the final 2026 ApollyCon recap post! Right on time for 2027 tickets to go on sale in about two weeks. Woo! Actually, like I said last year, not woo. Trying to buy tickets to ApollyCon is always stressful. I've gotten lucky every year with either resale tickets or actually being able to nab them. Only one year resulted in no tickets, so we'll see how everything goes this time. I have a feeling I'll be on the waitlist once again.
I think our first stop was the Bookish Box table to pick up our preorders of their edition of Visions of Flesh and Blood. I was so upset at BB for making this a convention exclusive. I preordered it, just in case, as even if I couldn't attend, I'd have my friend pick it up for me, but thankfully, I was able to go. I still feel bad for those who collect the BB editions and couldn't attend, though. That sucks for them. After that, I think we went to Ravyn Salvador's table so she could sign the book. We had to take it out of the plastic, which proved chaotic. Ravyn is JLA's editor for the Blood and Ash series who worked on this compendium. I should have had JLA sign this one too, but I thought she was limiting what she signed. It didn't really seem like that, though, as her assistants were just pushing books through.
Speaking of JLA's line and signing, the afternoon on Saturday was primarily for the two big-name authors: JLA and J.R. Ward. I didn't really have many others to meet in that upstairs room. I was also exhausted, so those were the ones we had the energy to see plus a few others. The line manager volunteer for JLA told us to hop in line while we were gathering our things off to the side, so we were totally discombobulated by the time we got in line. We had to drag out our many, many copies for her to sign, as she said she'd sign everything that was in the registration bags plus three other items. I was kicking my cart by this point to scoot up the line while I was trying to find all my books for her. I got A Crown of Ruin, the Arcane edition of The Summer King, and the From Blood and Ash ApollyCon edition, Grim Gates ApollyCon edition, and Arcane ApollyCon edition signed. I also picked up a free art print of Cas on his throne and a sticker of Reaver in draken form. You can also see the Poppy, Cas, and Kieran Legos I bought from the JLA/ApollyCon Shop. They were $12 each. Yikes. I bought an ApollyCon T-shirt too.
Next up was J.R. Ward who is always amazing. I heard one of the volunteers say something about J.R. Ward in regards to keeping the line moving as we were waiting for her bathroom break about how J.R. said "I want to see all my friends." Aww... She's so sweet. When she was back and I got to her, I think we talked about if she'd be back in 2027, which is pretty much what I talked to her about in 2025. Ha. I got my edition of Crown of War and Shadow signed by her as well as the mass market edition of Lover Unleashed I bought at the B&N shop. I was so glad they had it there, as my copy was a used version that wasn't in the greatest shape. It was nice to upgrade. I also purchased a print of all the brothers. Honestly, J.R. Ward had so many awesome items. There were cool prints and clothing pieces that I wanted to buy but knew I'd already spent too much money and had limited suitcase space.
[insert pic of throne from Erica]
So, this one's funny. I brought my copy of The Wolf and the Witch by Charissa Weaks. Well, it turns out I'd already gotten that book signed by Charissa. Oops. So, while we were in her line, I ended up buying Tales from Tiressia. I think it was the last thing I spent money on other than food. Thank goodness. It was not a cheap weekend. Charissa also had a really cool throne set up at her table, so of course I had to get a pic.
At some point, I did stop by Wendy Higgins's table to get my copy of Sweet Peril signed. I also saw Olivia Wildenstein and Nicola Tyche. Both had free prints at their tables. I didn't know Nicola was going to be there, or I would have brought her books to get signed. I was in too much of a rush after learning I got a ticket and I missed her name on the attending authors list. Bummer. I also have some of the swag items I got throughout the con pictured above.
The final event for Saturday was the After Party. The theme for it was Villain's Ball. Thankfully, I already had a black dress from last year's JLA event, so my outfit was secured. Unfortunately, the event turned out to be a bit of a bummer. I'm never a big fan of the after party in general, as it's mostly just dancing and drinking. This time, though, was super interesting, as it was held in the hallway. Super odd. But, we got a freebie bag with a free book, The Rose Witch by Chandelle LaVaun. We ended up leaving the event pretty early to finish packing up and then go to bed before heading home tomorrow. I had to pack one box to ship back via FedEx, and that was an experience. The FedEx worker was late the next morning, so it was not a fun time waiting for him to get things going.
The last event of ApollyCon is always the Sunday Brunch. It's typically a conversation between JLA and various authors. This year, the author was Rebecca Yarros. I couldn't stay for very long, though, as my flight was at a terrible time. It always is, so I only go to the brunch if I really want to see the author. I was able to get my brunch bag on my way out, and it had a signed paperback contemporary from Rebecca, which I left on a counter for someone to pick up, and Blood Bound by Ellis Hunter. I kept that one. I also gave the bag to my friend, as it was stiff and weird. I just didn't need to keep it. I have so many bags.
Well, I think that's all for ApollyCon 2026. There were a lot of new experiences this year due to being an aid, staying in a room with three other people, and not attending with my usual friend. It wasn't bad, just different. I hope I can get tickets for 2027, but, like always, we shall see.





























No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!