Saturday, July 25, 2026

Stacking the Shelves: The Cleaned Out Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, my vacation is almost over. Sigh. It was nice while it lasted. I did manage to get a lot done, but I am officially cleaned out. Every muscle on my body is sore from the organizing and scrubbing. I have a few more projects I'd like to work on that I didn't manage to start this past week, though. That includes dusting my bookshelves. That will take days and days, however, so my plan is to do one bookcase every weekend, I think.


As for the books I received this week, I only obtained one physical book as of the time I'm writing this. I expect I'll have a few more by Friday night, but I'm writing this up Friday morning so they'll get pushed to next week's StS. The one book I did get was City of Souls and Sinners by Kayla Edwards. I haven't read book one in this series yet, but I'm expecting to enjoy it, so I've preordered the sequels already. Although, I just learned this will be a seven-book series and only four have been written so far. I think that means I'll be holding off reading them until closer to the final two books' release dates. Also, I was too lazy to take a photo of just one paperback book, so you get the cover image this week even though I have a physical copy. I'll return to my regularly-scheduled photos next week. :)
 

And next, I have the ebook I received. It actually isn't the lone ebook I got, but the other ones were Kindle Unlimited copies, and I just decided recently that I'm not sharing those on my StS posts anymore, simply because I download so many KU books in a short span of time. It's easier just to mention them in my wrap-up posts if I actually end up reading them. Anyway, the ebook I received was Kiss of the Black Flame by Helen Scheuerer via NetGalley. I'd requested this one on NG, but I ended up getting an email from the publisher to download it. I think that's the first time that's happened to me. Usually, I only get a publisher email if I haven't requested the book. Very interesting. I'm super excited for this one. I do need to speed up my NG reading, though. I have four to finish in the next 5-9 weeks.
 
Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!