Tuesday, July 21, 2026

My Most Anticipated Releases for the Rest of 2026

I did a full Top 10 Most Anticipated Releases post like six months ago, but things have changed since then. Some of the books I had listed already released, new titles came to my attention, a couple of books had release date changes, and some new books were just announced. I've also already read some of the titles I originally listed, so I've decided to not include those. Sorry, Soul Sworn and Captive Traitor King! But anyway, it's time to share my most anticipated releases for the rest of 2026. Also, none of these are in any particular order except for #1.

***

Daughter of the Dark by R.J. Valldeperas

I keep seeing character art of this book, and it's messing with my brain. I always think the book has already released, and I want to go purchase a copy only to realize, 1) it's not out yet, and 2) I've already preordered it via Barnes & Noble. So yeah, I'm excited for this one. I'll also say here that I couldn't fit a couple of titles on this list. Those include Ravenous by Kresley Cole and Bodies of Magic by Freya Marske. I'm anticipating both of those too.

The Emperor's Enemy by Jasmine Mas

I was not looking forward to this book at all after I recently read the Psycho Shifters trilogy by this author and wasn't super impressed with Blood of Hercules. However, I finished Bonds of Hercules a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping this book, which starts a new series by the author, is more like Bonds and less like the others.

The Knave and the Moon by Rachel Gillig

The second book in the duology is releasing in September. I got an ARC of book one, so I'm curious if I can be lucky enough to get an early copy of this one as well. Fingers crossed. I'm mostly in it for Bartholomew though. He is the main character. This cover is also very pretty. (Note: I just used the same description I had from earlier this year. ARCs are super limited for this title, so I definitely don't expect to get one.)

Monstrous Serpent by E.V. Olsen

This is another book that's haunting me. I want it to be out so badly. It seems like such an easy book to get me out of a reading slump. It has Rina Kent Legacy of Gods/Vipers vibes, which is just what I want right now. Rina's books aren't hitting like they used to, so I'm hoping this one gives me all the dark feels with the MM characters.

Roguefinder by Amy Pennza

I read two books by Amy Pennza in 2026. One was Dhampira and the other was the first book in this series, Wolfseeker. I liked Wolfseeker at the time, but didn't think much of it. I LOVED Dhampira, though. Well, a couple months later, and Wolfseeker somehow managed to stick in my brain. I now need the sequel. Thankfully, it comes out next month, which is good news for me. I also need to read Pennza's backlog at some point. She has a couple other books I'd like to read.

Earthbound by Saara El-Arifi

This is the third and final book in the Faebound trilogy. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the first two books in the series back when I read them last year. My friends weren't super impressed, but the twist in book one blew my mind. It's probably the only book that's every done that to me on that scale. I was shocked.

Defy the Dusk by Danielle L. Jensen

Danielle L. Jensen's new dystopian romance book wasn't really on my radar beyond knowing that I'd buy it and get to it one day. Lately, though, I've been wanting this book more and more. I think the hype of the dystopian romances in general has managed to rub off on me. I just hope it doesn't impact my enjoyment. The hype can sometimes get to be too much.

Kiss of the Black Flame by Helen Scheurer

Helen Scheuerer continues to share character art and snippets for this book, and it's starting to affect me. I honestly don't know very much about it beyond there being a book involved, but I do know what the MMC looks like for sure. Sexy. Lol.

Bloodgrove by Elisabeth G. Mark

This is a new addition to my 2026 releases, but it's one I'm obsessed with and want right now. It's out in early September, so I don't have to wait long, but it just sounds sooooo freaking good. It's why choose but one of the MMC's is the POV character. I love that! It also has vampires and gods, so I'm sold! 

Crowned by Roses by Elizabeth Helen

The sixth and penultimate book for this series comes out today, when this post goes live, so I'll be reading that on KU. However, Crowned by Roses, the last book, isn't out until October! Ugh. It's so far away but at the same time, it's too soon. I don't know what I'm going to do once there's no more Beasts of the Briar books. It's like when Zodiac Academy ended. That series was so crucial to the enjoyment of my reading in 2021, and Beasts of the Briar was the same for 2025. It made reading fun again. I just hope this book is a satisfying finale.

***

Alright, there you have it. My most anticipated 2026 releases for the last half of  the year. What books are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!