Saturday, May 4, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The ApollyCon 2024 Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Oh my goodness has this been a crazy couple of weeks. I got back from ApollyCon this past Sunday night, super late. And now, I'm ill. Ugh. Stupid, con crud. At least it's not COVID, though. My plan is to have my ApollyCon recap and April wrap up posts up sometime next week, but with how icky I feel right now, I'm not sure that'll happen. It may be an extra week or so before you see them. Blugh.


As for books, I had some orders come in from Barnes & Noble. Those include Dragon Rider by Taran Matharu, Zodiac Academy 9 by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti, and The Hanged Man and The Hourglass Throne by K.D. Edwards. I'm hoping to read all four of these this month.


The next set of books all came from FairyLoot, which means my parents had to drop them off. I think A Feather So Black is the March Adult book, Lore of the Wilds is the April Romantasy book, and Tales of the Celestial Kingdom is a separate preorder. I don't think I'll be reading any of these soon. Not because I think they'll be bad, just simply because I have so much I want to read right away and these aren't those. Ha ha.

And next, I have the replacement dustjacket for the FairyLoot edition of Fourth Wing. I completely forgot this was coming because I'm probably going to sell my edition at some point. Now I have to decide how I'll do that with the option of the new dustjacket. Ugh. It's too complicated for my ill brain right now.
 

Moving on to the ApollyCon books. I'm not going to list every single one, as I'll get to that in my ApollyCon recap, but I will highlight some of the major books. Those include the special editions of A Fire in the Flesh and Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout; the After Party and tour editions of The Crown of Oaths and Curses and the tour edition of Broken Bonds by J. Bree; and the special edition of Between Wrath and Mercy by Jessica Wisecup.
Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, sorry to hear you caught the crud after Apollycon. At least it wasn't Covid. I am sooo hoping I can get tickets for Apollycon next year. I've struck out so many times over the years it's beginning to feel hopeless! Of course, I feel like the year I can get tickets none of the authors I want to see will go. Already one author has pretty much sworn off of large events like this, so I feel like I may never meet her now.

    Great haul of books! Lots of new to me ones! I did order the special editions of JLA's Apollycon books since I started that last year or the year before when she offered them online. They're so pretty! I know I will come to regret having so many one of these days. I need to get an account open somewhere to try selling some of the books I have that I know I do not want anymore.

    Hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!