Saturday, February 26, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Zodiac Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Long time no see, everyone. It's been a while since I've posted. Work has been crazy, and on top of that, I've been binge reading a certain series that has taken over my life. You'll find out what it is in a bit. I've also collected quite a stash of NetGalley review copies this month. So yeah, this is going to be a long haul.

I'm starting with the book that everyone and their brother has bought: House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas. I got the BAM edition which took forever to get to me. I'm hoping to have it read by Sunday, but I just don't know if I'll have it read by then. I have a lot going on. I seriously wish it had arrived last week like it was supposed to. Urgh. In addition to CC2, I received the pre-order swag for Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan. I also bought JLA's The Return from my local used bookstore.

The binge is real. I've been devouring the Zodiac Academy series, so I downloaded books two through six via a free trial of Kindle Unlimited. I have to read the entire series in 30 days if I don't want to pay for any of the books. I only have one more left, so I think I'll be fine. Haha. But that wait for the last book in the series, which isn't out until December, is going to absolutely kill me. I'm going to have a major book hangover.

Next, I have some NetGalley review ARCs. Bone Weaver by Aden Polydoros and Heat Wave by TJ Klune. I've read the first two books in Klune's The Extraordinaries trilogy, so I'm excited to pick up the last book. It's a very cute superhero series. As for Bone Weaver, I don't know a ton about it, but the synopsis sounded good.

Oh, would you look at that. More NetGalley ARCs. Here I have A Taste of Iron and Gold by Alexandra Rowland and A Strange and Stubborn Endurance by Foz Meadows. Thankfully, I have until the summer to read most of these, so I can space all of them out. But yeesh. I'm getting approved for so much lately. I never would have thought this would happen. I used to get turned down for review copies all the time, and while I still get a rejection here and there, I've found that I get more acceptances than rejections lately. I wonder if it has to do with me requesting more adult sci-fi and fantasy titles versus young adult ones...?

And finally, I have my January FairyLoot box, which, in typical FairyLoot fashion, was late. Also in typical FairyLoot fashion, I am not super impressed with the box. While I am actually excited to read the book, the cover and edges are just kind of blah. I knew the UK cover wasn't as pretty as the US one, but still... It's boring. As for the items, they're junk. Pure and utter junk. Even this month's tarot cards, which are for RED RISING, one of my favorites, are meh. The art style is not for me. Honestly, I can't wait for FairyLoot to do a book-only option. I really don't want this extra crap in my life anymore.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a haul! I feel like I am only now hearing about this Zodiac series! I think it was when one of those book boxes was having a series special or something and I was like what is this? I was excited for January's FL book as well, but yeah the rest of the items were just blah. I like the little trinket dishes despite them being just dust collectors, but I absolutely loathe the fandom represented on it, so it's even more useless. I hate when the boxes say the items can be useful for everyone despite the fandom represented and truthfully I don't see it that way. I mean you can't tell a sportsfan they're getting a free football jersey but then send them a team they hate. What's the point of that? Who wants a jersey of a team that isn't "their" team. That's how I feel over these items in boxes. Sure they can be cute, but if they're from a book I couldn't stand or didn't even want to read because it wasn't for me, what good is the item that's decked out in symbolism from that series?

    True, the tarot cards haven't always been favorite fandoms but that's a different story. I'm excited to finally have a full deck once the February box comes along. Hopefully there won't be any random bonus cards that don't really fit into the deck.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dust collectors is a good word for them. I already collect enough stuff that I actually want to buy that need dusting. Don't need more random junk that also needs cleaned. 😄

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!