Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review: Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

Let’s Get Lost
Publication Date: July 19, 2014
Hardcover, 304 pages, Harlequin Teen
Genres: Contemporary, Young Adult

Five strangers. Countless adventures.One epic way to get lost.

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named LEILA. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most.

There's HUDSON, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And BREE, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday—and a few stolen goods along the way. ELLIOT believes in happy endings…until his own life goes off-script. And SONIA worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love.

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth— sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.

My Review 


Let's Get Lost isn't something I would normally purchase for myself. In fact, if I hadn't of been requested to review this book, I would never have even known what I was missing out on.

This story was gut-wrenching, heart-warming and totally hilarious all at the same time. I didn't expect Leila to be who she was, I actually thought that she was some kind of guardian angel, who lead her charges down their correct path in the form of a teenager on a road-trip to the Northern Lights.

The other characters in the story (otherwise known as Leila's charges), even though we only got a chunk of their lives condensed into about 60 pages, were given personalities that set themselves apart from the others'. Hudson was lyrical and wistful, Bree was rebellious, but not, Elliot was desperate and charming, while Sonia was heartbroken and in love.

I just wish that I could feel half of what all of these characters experience in their lives. Not the pain, but the possibilities.

The book did get kind of slow after the first 40 pages, but once I made it about halfway through the book, it picked up again.

If you're looking for a story that will make you think, definitely check this book out.



 *Note: I received an ARC of this book to review from the publisher. This in no way altered my opinion/review.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!