Saturday, December 28, 2013

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry


 The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.
 

 My Review: 

This is definitely my favorite book in this companion series. I wasn't really a huge fan of Isaiah at first, I had thought that he was simply Noah's sidekick, but this book totally changed my mind.

 I went into this book not really knowing what it was about, just that I enjoyed the other two books by McGarry so this one would more than likely be a good read. The plot was really different from its predecessors, it was extremely serious. The drag racing aspect of the story was really thrilling and Rachel seriously earned major kudos from me for being able to understand car lingo. I totally wish I could do car-related things. However, when Rachel gets into trouble for drag racing, my emotions didn't know what to feel. I was majorly scared for Rachel and Isaiah. What really ticked me off about this book though was Rachel's family's dilemma. I wanted to smack her relatives for not seeing what they were doing to their own daughter/sister.

Isaiah really shined in this book. He finally got to become his own character and I couldn't believe how delicious his personality was. He wasn't as messed up as Beth, or even Noah, mentally. But once Rachel and him get involved his situation becomes a lot more dire. He was so protective and sweet that I think I might have gotten a cavity.

The last thing that I have to talk about is that ending. Holy cow! At first I'd kind of predicted what was going to happen, it was fairly obvious how the major plotline would be resolved, but that last tenth of the story had my mind totally blown!

Crash Into You set the bar for any further Katie McGarry, or even any other contemporary book, that I read.


 *Note: I received a copy of this book to review from Netgalley. This in no way altered my opinion/review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!