Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hallowed Review

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand



For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought.


Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire.


And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.


My Review:


Cynthia Hand did her thing once again! This book is beautiful in every way, writing, storyline, everything!


I was seriously scared when I received this book to review. I didn't know if I even wanted to read this at all. Unearthly was such an amazing story that following it up seemed like an impossible task however Ms. Hand squashed my fears into little tiny bits.


Clara is still the same girl. Don't let anyone tell you differently. She's loyal, kind and above all, she's just like every other teenage girl, minus the angel bit of course. She's awkward and a little self-centered at times and that's perfectly okay.


The other characters were just as captivating. Tucker! Oh Tucker! How I wish I had you all to myself! You're perfect in every single way. Christian, I love you too, just not nearly as much. That's what made this book so great though, it made you enjoy EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER and not many books lately have let me do that.


The plot of this book was agonizing! But not in the bad way! With every page you want to know what the heck is going to happen next to poor Clara and why the heck the book has to be so darn long. When I finally got towards the endish of the book, I was bawling my eyes out! It was horrible (once again, in a good way)! I won't spoil anything for anybody, but reading this book is a definite must.


There are only two problems that I had with this book. One, was that there was no big climax. Everything was just kind of a smooth-leveled area except for a few bumpy patches along the way. I didn't really notice this until after I sat and thought about the book however. My second problem was a personal problem, I guess you could say. Tucker was kind of... gone. He was in the book, but he wasn't really, if you catch what I mean.


Please go buy this book! And while you're at it, buy me a finished copy as well!
4/5 stars



*I received a copy of this book to review via Netgalley. This in no way altered my opinion/review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!