Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review: Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly


Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip — and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.

Release Date: May 24, 2011

My Review:

I was extremely excited to read this book. All of the reviews for the UK edition were really positive, so when I saw it on Netgalley I just HAD to read it! The beginning of the book starts out with a huge head twister. It had my head reeling! And I liked it! Weatherly created an entirely new world and some awesome characters.

Willow was such a breath of fresh air! She is a real person! She doesn't let a certain someone push her around without complaining, like normal teenage girls would, and she has an actual hobby! She works with cars! It gives her character a big boost in my opinion. And Alex, while mysterious and sexy, has so many issues inside his head, that you can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He made me want to help him out so badly that I felt like leaping into the book and kicking some butt with him! Unfortunately that wasn't possible, so I had to remain content with Willow helping him, and thank the laws of nature, because she did a much better job than I would have.

The plotline of the book while somewhat predictable, made my head turn at other times. However, there were some kind of slow moments that took away from the awe of the brilliant concept Weatherly created. In the middle, things wind down a little too much, it was like a slow motion button had been pushed on the T.V. But once the middle was over the action started right back up! The ending left me in an uproar! I was totally shocked and angry and sad all at once! How could Weatherly have left such a cliff-hanger!?!

Needless to say I will definitely be purchasing Angel Burn, and meanwhile, anxiously awaiting the sequel.


*I received a copy of Angel Burn to review on Netgalley. This in no way altered my opinion/review.

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I really liked this series and I like how it wasn't a love at first sight kind of book. ;) I still need to read the third one. <3

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!