Saturday, October 12, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Bride Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Man, I've been exhausted this week. Not for any particular reason. My body is just weary. Working out, going to the 9-5, and doing household stuff has just been so tiring lately. Maybe it's the weather change? Or maybe I need to eat better food and sleep more? Nah, that can't be it. Lol.


But on to this week's haul. First up, I have a copy of Bride by Ali Hazelwood that I ordered off of PangoBooks. I specifically wanted the Target exclusive edition because of the bonus material in the back, and I guess Target doesn't carry them anymore. So I got this one for $8 plus shipping. My Sallteas Bride pins also arrived with a couple of bookmarks and a small card print. Two are of Bride characters and the other is from A Fate Inked in Blood, I think...
 

Next up, I have my LitHaven preorders of King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St. Claire and The Book of Azrael by Amber V. Nicole. And wow. It's been like a year or more since I ordered these. They're pretty, but I've kind of moved on to other things, so I'm not sure if I'll keep purchasing the sequels once they come out or just stick with the regular editions. Well, for the Scarlett book, I don't know what I'll do, as I wasn't a huge fan of the first book when I read it. I'm just a sucker for a pretty cover and books about vampires. I might try the sequel, just to see if it grips me more than the first installment did.


And here we have some Barnes & Noble orders. My copies of World After and End of Days by Susan Ee were looking a bit old and the pages were turning color. It was very weird, like they were made with cheap construction paper or something. So I got rid of them and decided to replace them since I had a gift card I could use. I really want to reread this series one day. It was so good. I also received my preorder of the hardcover edition of When the Moon Hatched by Sarah A. Parker.


And here I have an A Touch of Magic Designs order I made. And honestly, I have no idea why I bought those shelfie standees. They're characters from Zodiac Academy, which I love, but I don't need these shelfies. I definitely regret buying them and the other two I have plus the Fourth Wing ones. Ugh. I don't regret the pins though. I am collecting the bakery pins I like, so those are fine. I bought one for The Serpent & the Wings of NIght, Narnia, and Fourth Wing. The order also came with a Xaden magnet, which is now on my fridge.

I also bought something cool from Mercari, and I was good and held off until the seller gave me a deal. Yay for not making impulse purchases! I bought the Nite of the Rite wolf mask that the volunteers were wearing at JLA's FBAA ApollyCon event. I wasn't volunteering that night, so I didn't get one, but now, I have it! I also bought the NotR blanket with Poppy and Cas on it, but it started spewing fuzzy stuffing in the dryer, so I'm not sure what to do with it. The order also came with the Gods & Monsters event bag. I think I have one of these already.

And lastly, I have one lonely ebook. It's an impulse book I saw in a Facebook group. It's called Blood King by JP Sayle. I'm reading it now, and it's not bad. It definitely has an indie vibe, but I'm sticking with it. The mystery of one of the character's origins is intriguing. Oh, and I also downloaded two bonus novellas from two different series. One was a Zodiac Academy preorder reward and the other a freebie from the author's newsletter. It's a bonus epilogue for Tryggred by the Orc

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice haul this week! Yay for finding good deals with secondhand sellers! That's always risky, I feel like my standards of "like new" are vastly different from others as some of my "like new" books are clearly used and worn and cracked spines. I'm sorry, if a new book has a cracked spine, I am asking for another copy! Lol. Mostly new to me ones, although I did read Bride, I liked it, but not enough that I felt like I needed a keeper copy. Loved Susan Ee's series there and still need to read a fairy tale one she started a few years back. I don't know if it went very far. I've at least two books floating around my TBR pile somewhere of it.

    Hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!