Thursday, April 4, 2024

March Wrap-Up & April TBR

Sigh. Well, the good news is March wasn't any worse than February reading-wise. The bad news is is that it wasn't much better, either. Maybe one day I'll get out of this slump. Honestly, though, I truly think it is because of the blah books being published right now. Everything sounds the same. I think this slump cycle happens to readers who have read too much and just want something different. But, other than not reading, I've done the same ol' things each day. The only new things I did was spend a bunch of money on new bookcases. Teehee.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in March


A Ferry of Bones & Gold: 3.5 stars
Shadow's Seduction: reread
We Could Be So Good: 4 stars

I read three books in March. And, sadly, one was a reread, so it doesn't really count towards any big goals of reading TBR books. A Ferry of Bones & Gold by Hailey Turner was my first read of the month. I got it through Kindle Unlimited. It was decent, but I don't think I'm gonna continue with the series any time soon. To help me with the slump and to help me not fall behind on my reading goal, I reread Shadow's Seduction by Kresley Cole. I reread this book once every year or two. I love it so much. I always wish it was a full-length book, and not just 200 pages. And then, the night before the month ended, I managed to finish We Could Be So Good by Cat Sebastian, which was a cute historical MM romance. I actually read a physical ARC I got from last year's ApollyCon, so this counted towards reading my physical TBR! Woohoo!

Books Bought/Received in March

Okay, so this month I let myself get a bit carried away. I bought a total of 15 books this month and received 13. I just spent way too much money.

As for the 13 books I received, a majority of them were preorders. Those nine preorders were also all physical copies. They included the Bookish Box orders The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas A Soul of Ash and Blood and Fall of Ruin and Wrath by Jennifer L. Armentrout; the FairyLoot edition of The Atlas Complex by Olivie Blake; the three replacement Lux books from Books for Days Crate; Fate Breaker by Victoria Aveyard from Barnes & Noble; and the UK edition of Jay Kristoff's Empire of the Damned from Blackwells. I got four ebooks this month. Two were NetGalley eARCs: Dragon Rider by Taran Matharu and The Sins on Their Bones by Laura A. Samotin. And the other two were freebies: Twisted Pretty Things by Ariana Nash on Kindle and Priest by Sierra Simone on Nook.

I paid for 15 books in March. Yikes.  Most of them are preorders, so I won't see them until next month or later. Actually, zero of the books I bought in March arrived to me in the month of March. How odd. But anyway, I bought the Wicked trilogy special editions from the JLA Shop, the Fire and Flesh series 1-3 through BB, The Crowns of Nyaxia duology from FairyLoot, and the monthly adult FairyLoot book, A Feather So Black by Lyra Selene. For ApollyCon, I also preordered Salt Kiss by Sierra Simone and Blood Mercy by Vela Roth. Towards the very end of the month, I made two online orders. One with Mercari for the third book in the Zodiac Academy series, and the other with B&N for the last two currently-released books in Jex Lane's Beautiful Monsters series and Fortuna Sworn by K.J. Sutton, a 2024 ApollyCon author.

Currently Obsessed With

Once again, I haven't been watching a lot of stuff lately. I did start a new rewatch show though, so yay for progress.

I pretty much finished my 999th rewatch of The Office, so, to occupy my brain while I eat and do mindless tasks, I've been putting Everybody Hates Chris on. It was a show I used to watch reruns of on Nick at Nite as a kid getting ready to go to sleep. Other than that, I did watch Brokeback Mountain for the first time. The movie was not what I expected. I guess it was groundbreaking for its time, but I feel like it was too short to really make me like the two male leads together. Or maybe they were supposed to be that toxic. Idk.

April TBR

I have so many books that I'm in the middle of/just started right now. I've been trying to get out of my reading slump, so I've been picking up all kinds of things to try to get out of it over the past couple of months. Well, now I'm forcing myself to finish those books. I don't want to put them down and never read them, as they are actually pretty good. That includes Charm by Tracy Wolff, The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards, and The Curse of Saints by Kate Dramis. We Could Be So Good by Cat Sebastian is pictured because I didn't think I'd finish it before the end of the month, but I did. So yay! I'd also like to finish Visions of Flesh and Blood, the FBAA compendium book. It's basically just a textbook of the FBAA world, so it's not something I need to rush to get through. I also need to read two NetGalley ARCs: The Sins on Their Bones by Laura R. Samotin and Dragon Rider by Taran Matharu. Oh, and the last Zodiac Academy book releases later this month, so that's 100% a must-read.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of March, plus some April sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!