Saturday, September 23, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The FORAW Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, this is my last weekend before I go on my international trip. I'll share more details once I return, but just know that I haven't prepared any posts to go up while I'm gone. I didn't, and still don't, have the mental energy. Lol. I will return to write more posts though. Eventually. Surprisingly though, I'm actually not panicking about how much stuff I have to do before going on this trip, so that's great! As long as I can keep checking tasks off my list, I think I'll be pretty calm.


On to the books! First up is a stack of various Fall of Ruin and Wrath editions by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I got the Barnes & Noble, Indigo, and regular editions. My FairyLoot Poison Study set by Maria Vale also arrived at my parent's house a while ago, and they dropped them off this past Sunday. Unfortunately, Fire Study has a small tear in the dustjacket and the actual hardcover spine. I've already requested a replacement, and it should be here soon. All of these books are so pretty and colorful together. I'm loving it.


And here is another FORAW edition. This is the Owlcrate copy which came with a lovely print. I love purple, so I was excited to see Owlcrate doing a purple edition, but I can't help but feel like this copy reminds me of another book out there somewhere that I've seen before. It's going to bug me until I figure out which one it is. I'm thinking it was another Owlcrate book, maybe Violet Made of Thorns...? Ugh. I'll figure it out eventually.


Next, I have another Prettygal Pins tarot card deck. This set is for Caroline Peckham and Susan Valenti's Kings of Quarantine and Darkmore Penitentiary books. I actually haven't read either of these series yet, but I plan to. I have met a couple of the DP crew from the Zodiac Academy and Ruthless Boys books, though, so that's good. Although, this isn't my favorite depiction of some of the characters. I think the faces are a bit off in places for a couple of them. Maybe it's just because I don't know 85% of the characters yet.


And this is it for the physical goodies. I have a copy of Eternal Reign by Caroline and Susan that I ordered via Amazon. It came damaged, so I got a refund and didn't have to return my book. That's nice because I don't have time for such things right now. I guess I'll order a new copy when the sequels come out so I can make sure Amazon ships them in a box. I'm so tired of them shipping books in mailer bags. GRRRRRRRR. Oh, and my B&N paperback preorder of A Fire Endless by Rebecca Ross arrived too. It was also messed up. I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but it's twisted, almost like the spine has been broken from someone reading it, just without the white lines down the middle. I'm not sure how I'll go about doing a return/refund for this one, since I don't like close to a B&N anymore. It's gonna suck to ship it back, if that's what I have to do. Ugh.


 As for ebooks, I have a lot. I actually bought two: American Queen and American Prince by Sierra Simone. I was able to use a little bit of Amazon credits to purchase the first book. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll buy the third book or DNF the series. The second book just did something that made me really angry, so I may finish out the last 13% of book two and call it quits. I also downloaded Wayward by Mary Calmes on Kindle Unlimited. 
 

With Amazon's Stuff Your Kindle Day, I got four free ebooks, including Blood Price by Vela Roth, On These Black Sands by Vanessa Rasanen, Kingdoms of Shadow and Ash by H.R. Moore, and Moon Touched by Elizabeth Briggs. Will I get to these anytime in the near future? Probably not, but it's nice to have my own copies instead of borrowing them on Kindle Unlimited. I am regularly at the limit of how many KU books I can borrow at once, so this will help keep that under control.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOoh nice! Yay for the FORAW copies! I was about to get the B&N edition, but then I found myself really thinking, do I need to do this again? I didn't order the Indigo so I wouldn't have all the colors. I feel like I need to tame my multi-copy buying to just Stephanie! I do have a few of JLA's other series I enjoyed and I am TOTALLY buying the FL Darkest Elements trilogy because I loved that one! But definitely trying to dial it back some with her books. Lol. I already find myself debating if I should try selling the FL FBAA editions as I didn't care for the covers, but I need to go back and see what they look like without the covers and maybe just keep them that way.

    I still need to read On These Black Sands too! I had hoped to meet that author earlier this summer at an event but sadly the event was cancelled at the beginning of the year due to low ticket sales and they couldn't meet their obligations to keep things running. So that was a bummer as I was looking forward to meeting a few indie authors who were going to be attending. I got FL's Study trilogy last week and really liked the covers! Luckily mine weren't damaged as I would've cried since Maria is one of my fave authors! I wonder if they'll do more of her books...I both hope so and also dread it (financially, lol!)

    Hope you enjoy all of your awesome new reads! Have a great time on your trip as well!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!