Saturday, April 23, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Post-Easter Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

So, this week has been interesting. Stressful, but not as much as the past few weeks. Mostly it's been stress of the "Should I take this new job or stay at my current one?" variety. I did decide to stay, only because they gave me a raise and have better time off and less expensive insurance. But it was very exciting to have a job offer from another company that really did want me! It's the first time that's really happened to me in the work world!


I guess I should talk about what everyone's actually here for, though, so here are the two books I got this week: Complicated Hearts Part 1 and 2, by Ashley Jade. Both are ebooks I borrowed on Kindle Unlimited. This was a fun contemporary duology. I read it because Ashley Jade is going to Apollycon, and I've never read her books. I didn't love the books enough to buy hardcopies (I rarely do with contemporary titles), but I'll for sure get her to sign the frame I'm taking to the event.


Other than those two titles, I really only got one other bookish thing. This Kieran Contou sweater. For those who don't know, Kieran is a character in From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Right now, he's my comfort character. I love him. Also, excuse the weird hand position in the photo. I was trying to show off the sleeve design. I had planned to wear this to Apollycon, but it's definitely too warm for July weather. I'll have to order the T-shirt version, which was only available AFTER I'd already made this order. *Sigh*


And lastly, just for fun, here's the Easter basket my mom gave me when she visited a week before the actual holiday. I've had this thing sitting on my counter for a long time. Needless to say, not all of the candy made it that full week before Sunday. However, I do still have quite a bit left over now.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh very nice! That's great about the job offer, but better that your current job offered you a raise and better benefits! That's just awesome!

    Nice new reads too! I keep thinking about attending Apollycon one of these days, but since I'm kind of sorta house hunting at the moment, I'm really not sure if I will be able to afford to travel anymore. Lol. At least not to those extents. I don't know. I guess it will depend whenever I find something...but come registration for 2023 if I'm still hunting, I might jump the gun and buy a ticket (or try in the most likely event!).

    Not too bad of a week! The sweatshirt is very cool too! I need to get caught up in that series...but with mega thick books like that I like to try to start those when I have a day off, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon where I don't have something already planned. Memorial Day is a possibility, but I might choose an old thick book then. Who knows! Lol.



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got a raise that I've already spent this month. Haha. I really need to slow down with the book and swag spending. It's getting ridiculous. But I'm going to sell some stuff soon, I hope.

      And house hunting! That's great! I'm jealous. There's no way I can afford that right now. Hopefully, I'll be able to get one by 35. That's my internal goal. Haha. Good luck!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!