Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January Wrap-Up & February TBR

January 2022 is over! Yeesh. That seemed to go on and on. Now, we can get to the better months, and we're almost through the winter months. Thank goodness. Other than the month that seemed to never end, things at work aren't great. I think I've reached a level of work/life burnout I never have before. It's been awful. Thankfully, though, I have books to talk about! And I read so many! It's great.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in January

The Ex Hex: 3 stars
Carve the Mark: 3 stars
The City of Dusk: 4 stars (ebook; review to come)

Legendary: 3 stars 
Finale: 3 stars
Under the Whispering Door: 3.5 stars
Six Crimson Cranes: 3.5 stars
Rise of the Mages: 2.5-3 stars (ebook; review to come)

I read eight books in January. Two were NetGalley eARCs: The City of Dusk by Tara Sim (a new favorite/obsession) and Rise of the Mages by Scott Drakeford. My reviews for both will be up on their respective release dates, March 22 and February 8. As for physical books, I read The Ex Hex by Rachel Hawkins, Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth, Legendary and Finale by Stephanie Garber, Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune, and Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim. And guess what?! All of these physical books are ones I owned pre-2022! Three are even pre-2020 books! However, I do think, since I'm reading my backlist TBR books, I'm not quite getting the quality 4-5 stars I'm hoping for.

Books Bought/Received in January

I have a smaller number of books to haul this month. Thankfully. In total, I bought six books in January, five of which were physical books, and one was an ebook. The physical books include two B&N online orders of Bound by Firelight and A Marvellous Light, and three from my local used bookstore: Half-Blood, Apollyon, and Fall With Me. I bought Munro by Kresley Cole on Kindle as well. Of these, I've already read four of the six, so that's a plus too. I'm barely adding to my TBR. I forgot to add that I also received Rise of the Mages and Silk Fire by Zabe Ellor via NetGalley.

Currently Obsessed With

Lots to talk about TV-wise this month. I've been watching a lot of backlist TV shows, just like I've been reading a lot of backlist books, so I'm getting caught up on some finished series.

The show I binged throughout the first part of the month was Superstore. I finished all six seasons. After that, I started Modern Family. I think I like Superstore more, but they're both fun. Also, I finished season six of The Expanse. The series finale. It was so depressing. Not the episode; it was fine. I just don't like that there won't be any more episodes ever again. *sobs*

February TBR

February has a certain TBR theme to it. I decided to try to do some pinks, reds, and whites in honor of the lovey-dovey holiday. Do I think I'll get to all of these? Nope. But it could be fun to read them. I'm currently in the middle of Legendborn, and I think after it, I'll read Once Upon a Broken Heart, since it will decide whether or not I keep the Caraval books I own. I'm still kind of meh on the trilogy overall. Oh, and I'm trying to read Munro, and then Crescent City #2, House of Sky and Breath, releases February 15. That's the February book club pick, so I have to read it.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of January, plus some February sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!