Saturday, April 17, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The March FairyLoot Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I have been gone for so very long. It wasn't intentional. Blogging just got a little overwhelming with everything else going on in my life. I'm starting a new job in May, and trying to find a new place is proving to be more difficult than I thought. I have a temporary apartment lined up, but I need to get a more permanent one basically as soon as I get into the temporary one. It's a mess. As for books, I haven't bought a lot. I've been on a ban, of sorts.

Because I've bought so many books over the past year and I'm still adding to a giant TBR pile I've had since high school, I decided to go on a buying ban. Kind of. I'm just basically only buying books that are on my most anticipated lists. I'm also allowing myself to keep my book box subscriptions (canceling for months I'm not excited for) and ordering any special editions that pop up of books I'm interested in. Therefore, I've only pre-ordered one special edition this month that I won't get until July. But, I'm still buying fan art, as you can see above. I received the FBAA Enchanted Fandom mug that I ordered in March, which I'm honestly disappointed about. It's very plain and boring. Additionally, I bought the Eiffel Tower dagger/letter opener. FBAA fans will know why. Haha. Oh, and I also received my A Trial of Sorcerers pre-order swag. Yay!


FairyLoot time! March's FairyLoot box is my favorite of 2021! And it's definitely top three of all of the boxes I've received since I subscribed in May 2020. Which is kind of odd, considering I have read zero of the fandoms included. The color scheme and artwork on everything is beautiful, though. The notebook has gold foiling; the socks are a pretty blue, black, and white (who doesn't love socks in boxes?); and the mug is super pretty. Now, my favorite items are the tarot cards. I desperately want to read The Bear and the Nightingale now. Those things are gorgeous! That headband is useless though. Definitely my least favorite item. And finally, the book! I hadn't heard of The Bright and the Pale before FairyLoot's theme reveal, but I am totally ready to read this book as soon as possible. I'm actually hoping to start it this weekend, but we'll see...

What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nicely done! And congrats on the new job!!! I know you were looking. Glad something worked out for you! Yay! I was honestly a little bummed with the March box. I swear this used to be their anniversary box that was supposed to be purple...but last year they didn't do anything, so I'm trying to remember who had March as their anniversary, FL or OC. 2019 they both had a special colored box for the anniversary.

    This box was mostly meh for me. I'm tried of mugs. I'm not a coffee drinker so they're useless to me. I like hot chocolate but only in the colder months. The socks are ankle ones and those always slide down my ankle to the point where I get blisters on the back. I do love the tarot cards though. I can't wait to have a full set!

    Hope you enjoy your new reads and that your new job in May is awesome too!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!