Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 5 Most-Hated Love Triangles

Everyone knows about the love triangle. It graces our books in some form or another. A girl, who for some reason, has these two SUPER HAWT guys fighting over her when the rest of us have no guys at all. Boo... Some love triangles however, are more lovable than others.

Here's my list and beware there may be spoilers ahead...
Hated Love Triangles
5. Lend vs. Reth


Supernaturally
by Kiersten White


Personally, I just can't stand the thought of poor Lend getting his heart broken if Evie even dares to choose Reth. Lend is so sweet and cute! Don't be tempted Evie!
4. Archer vs. Cal


Demonglass
by Rachel Hawkins


I thought Cal was such a cute character! He was introduced in Hex Hall, but he wasn't really given an appearance. He got a major appearance in Demonglass only to have Archer steal all of his thunder. Don't get me wrong, I love Archer, but the introduction to Cal, only to have him lose out in the end (if that's what happens in Spell Bound) will be soooo sad...
3. Peeta vs. Gale


The Hunger Games
by Suzanne Collins


I don't know about you, but this one just made me mad. At the end of Mockingjay *spoiler alert* Katniss just ends up with Peeta. She doesn't choose him nor does she even state that she loves him. She just gets with him because Gale left and that was it. Grr! I am a Peeta girl all the way, but come on Katniss! Show a little emotion, will ya?!
2. Tucker vs. Christian


Hallowed
by Cynthia Hand


There should be absolutely no contest in my mind about who Clara should choose! Tucker is way too good to be thrown into one of these ridiculous love triangles! Tucker is like my favorite book bf of all time! If Clara can't realize what a great guy she has waiting for her then I don't know if I can like her, at all.
1. Ren vs. Shay


Wolfsbane
by Andrea Cremer


Here it is. My most dreaded love triangle. Why I hate this one with such a passion? One reason. Ren doesn't stand a chance. All the polls have a majority vote for Ren, but I have this horrible feeling that Ms. Cremer has written Shay as the other half of Calla in Bloodrose. Who knows, maybe Calla will end up alone, but that still doesn't solve my problem. Ren is AMAZING and I really want him to end up with Calla because she is a very strong character and if she did end up with him this series would be sooo much better for me. Please do the right thing Calla and pick Ren. Please...?


There you have it. My top 5 most-hated love triangles. And despite my ranting, I do love these books, just so you know. I'll be back for tomorrow's most-loved love triangles so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! I was trying to decide if you hate these triangles because they are so good or if you hated them because they were bad. I think it seemed like some were good for you and others bad.

    I actually never thought of the Katniss and Peeta thing but I think you are right there. She never did just choose. Maybe she was incapable of making that choice? I don't know. I guess the way Collins wrote Gale, I don't think there ever was a choice after the things he did. They would have been too destructive together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read numbers three and one yet, but the other three I am in complete agreement with you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!