Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter


Release Date: April 19th, 2011

Every girl who has taken the test has died.

Now it's Kate's turn.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.

If she fails...

My Review:

I have to be honest, this book started out and all I could think was WHAT A MESS! The characters were shallow and made zero sense. I just couldn't believe that this beautiful cover was going to waste!

I read the first one hundred-ish pages of this book and had to stop between every chapter. I didn't think I was going to be able to get through it, but then I made it past the first half of the book and I was flying through chapters!

The pace started to slow down in areas that it needed to and speed up in areas as well. The plot became much easier to understand and the characters got a little deeper. I was happy that I had finished it.

So all in all, this novel was a little hot and cold for me. In the beginning I couldn't take it, but at the end I wanted the story to keep going. Let's hope the sequel is like the last half of this book!


*Thanks to Harlequin for letting me read this on Netgalley! This in no way altered my review.
** P.S. Sorry for being MIA, I've had a huge school project to work on. Probably won't be blogging much in the next couple of weeks.




2 comments:

  1. I will make a note to try to stick it out until the middle!

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very honest review Rachelle. Good job!!! P.S. This school project is to time consuming and it's do thursday!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!