September is over. While it was still hot for about 80% of the month, there was a nice 20% that was livable. I was able to walk outside without sweating my skin off! It was very nice. I'm thankful we're really into autumn now, though. I want some 70-degree consistent weather. Other than that, life has been pretty chill. Just eat, work, gym, repeat.
In this wrap-up,
I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received,
and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!
Books Read in September
I read nine books in September. As you can see, a majority of the month was spent reading Kresley Cole's Arcana Chronicles. The series has been on my TBR for so long, and I was surprised that, during the middle of a reading slump, the only thing that sounded even remotely good to read was Poison Princess. I ended up rereading the first three books so I could finally read the last three books in the series. I also read Kings of Quarantine by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti. That's four physical books that are now off my TBR. As for the ebooks, I read two. I finished my NetGalley ARC of Turncloak by L.K. Steven and also snuck in Monstrous Serpent by E.V. Olsen, which I downloaded on Kindle Unlimited.
Books Bought/Received in September
September was as bad price-wise when compared to the previous month's haul. There were so many books that released in September, so I did have a bunch of preorders come in, but those were mostly regular editions that I got using Barnes & Noble's 25% off preorder sale, so it wasn't too bad. In total, I purchased 20 books and received 19 free ebooks/preorders that I'd already paid for in previous months.
The 19 books I received mostly consisted of the preordered books that all decided to arrive in September along with a couple of NetGalley ARCs and a free ebook. The free ebook was Hide the Witches by Miranda Lyn, which I got on Kindle. The two NetGalley ARCs are Deathsworn by Meg Smitherman and Lightning & Thunder by Sara Raasch. The other 16 books consisted of Heartless Sky (Kings Hollow), The Knave and the Moon (B&N), Tempest (event preorder), the final two books in the Legacy series (Aurora Crate), the Flesh & Fire series Arcane editions, the FairyLoot Kindred's Curse 1-3 editions, Light Wielder (FairyLoot), Fury Bound (FairyLoot), and the second and third Blood & Ash books (Inked Pages).
Now, for what I bought in September. Of the 20 books I bought, 13 arrived in September. Those included a bunch of books from Barnes & Noble: Threshing Day, Harbinger, White Raven, Daughter of the Dark, When Lightning Strikes, Eldritch, Bodies of Magic, Dead Beat, The Emperor's Enemy, and Sorrow and Strangers. I also had one order from Blackwells, The Wretched Divine by Adalyn Grace, and one Waterstones order, The Ascended by Bree Grenwhich and Parker Lennox. I also ordered the Target edition of The Emperor's Enemy by Jasmine Mas.
As for the remaining seven books, those were preorders and my FairyLoot Romantasy sub box. The preorders include the Dance of Death FairyLoot edition, the Kings Hollow Never Keep edition, the Renegade Romance Monstrous 5-7 editions, and the Locked Library Runebreaker edition.
September, surprisingly, actually had some non-bookish entertainment. I'm still working my way through The Middle show, but I also started rewatching the Look Who's Talking movies. I'm currently on the third one at the moment. I went and saw Avengers: Endgame: Encore in theaters. There are only two additional scenes added to the original film, so I don't recommend it for anybody. Just watch the clips online before Doomsday. And then, the big entertainment piece was Taylor Swift's release of The Encore from her previous album, The Life of a Showgirl. Her "Patient Zero" music video was so good that it made me want to read thrillers! That's crazy for me. But yeah, three of the four songs have been on repeat in my house. Those include "Patient Zero," "Pink Clouding," and "Cleveland!".
October TBR
This month's TBR is fairly easy compared to the previous few months. I'm still behind on two of NetGalley ARCs: A Viper Among Kings by Sydney Olivia and To Cage a Wild Bird by Brooke Fast. I'm also about halfway through my NetGalley ARC of The Drakon King by Terry J. Benton-Walker. I'm hoping to finish it as soon as I complete the two other ebooks I'm reading: Roguefinder by Amy Pennza and The Reckoning of Starlight by Samantha Amstutz, which are both Kindle Unlimited reads. Other than those, I need to read Daggermouth by H.M. Wolfe for book club. I do want to finish Kings of Lockdown by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti as well, but I'm not pressuring myself to get that done anytime soon. It'll happen when it happens.
***
Okay, well, that's the month of September, plus some October sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!