"Stacking the
Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book
buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving
community.
It's been an errand-filled week, but other than that, it's been quiet. Thank goodness. Next week will be a bit more chaotic for reasons I'll share soon. I have been reading a lot lately. I'm actually bingeing a series that has been on my TBR for a loooong time. It was really weird that I even picked it up considering I was in a reading slump for about five or so days (work-related, of course. Yucky). The only book that sounded even remotely interesting to pick up on my TBR was Poison Princess by Kresley Cole, which was a reread. So that's what I did. I re-read books 1-3 and am now finishing the series. I've been trying to motivate myself to read those books for years. It's so weird how strange mood reading is.
As for the books I received this week, I have my FairyLoot set of the Kindred's Curse series books 1-3 by Penn Cole. I still have mixed feelings on these covers. While the character artwork is great (ignoring the fact that the mmc is wearing the same outfit on all three covers), I'm not a huge fan of cartoonish artwork on my front covers. As endpaper art, it would have been fine. You can get an idea of my preferred character art style in the next two pics. However, I don't like the regular covers of the Kindred's Curse books either. Nor the covers done by other book boxes. So, here we are. I've settled for the FairyLoot set until something else comes along.
Up next, I have two books that I've been waiting on for a long freaking time. It's the Aurora Crate editions of books three and four in the Legacy series by Melissa K. Roehrich. Now, when I say a long time, I don't mean that Aurora Crate was late, I just mean that I've been wanting to read these final two books but I've been waiting on my physical copies to arrive and Aurora Crate's shipping timeline was simply "summer." Also, USPS left the package in purgatory at a nearby postal location, so I had to put in a missing mail/email request for the package. It arrived with a hole in the bottom, so I'm guessing that might have had something to do with the delay. Everything inside the box was fine, though. Except that the third book, Tempest of Wrath and Vengeance, arrived with an upside down naked hardcover. It was definitely a printing error. I'm super bummed because this is an international edition, so I'm not sure how the replacement process will play out. I've already sent an email to them. Now, I just wait and see.
And finally, I have two less contentious orders. My preorder from Barnes & Noble of Sorrow & Strangers by Jeanette Rose and Alexis Rune arrived, and my preorder of the seventh book in the Zodiac Academy luxe edition set, Heartless Sky, came in as well. There are only five more books to go in this giant, expensive ZA preorder. That's crazy to think about. I ordered those things back in December 2024 and orders are still trickling in. Of course, right as this set is almost complete, the authors decided to do the spinoff series special editions, so it won't end any time soon. It's very sad for my wallet.
Well, that's all for me. What books have
you bought/received lately?



Okay, something is officially wrong with Blogger! They have not shown me ANY new posts from anyone in 4 days! I've cleared my browser of all history. I've tried using a different browser and the same results. No one has posted anything in 4 days and I know that's crap because I have manually gone to 2-3 blogs I know post regularly! This is aggravating. I still like blogging and I still like visiting blogs, I do not need Blogger crapping out on me.
ReplyDeleteVery nice haul though! These are new to me ones for sure, but I hope you enjoy them all! I have had books get lost in limbo as well. Always at the SAME distribution center too. I secretly think someone there is a reader and is taking them. For it's only my books that go missing! Thankfully it's never been an irreplaceable copy although it almost was once but thankfully that one turned up! But yeah, not a fan of that distribution center. I always worry when I see my book "arrive" and 3-4 days (business days, no holiday or weekends in that count!) go by and it hasn't "departed."
I hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads once you get to read them! I do remember looooving The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole! That was such a fun series! Bingeing is definitely the way to go as I remember wishing I had that kind of time when I finally got the last book in my hands! Lol.
My StS will be up tomorrow, stop by then if you can!
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)