Saturday, December 2, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The FBAA Cards Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Ugh. So, it's been a rough couple of weeks for me. Unlike most people who were celebrating the holiday, I ended up being alone on my couch because I was sick with COVID. Yuck. I'm still recovering even now. The congestion is unreal. But, thankfully, it's better than it was the previous week.


Now, onto books. I have been reading very little, especially since COVID kind of shot my concentration, but the book orders do keep rolling in. First up, I have my Barnes & Noble preorder of A Power Unbound by Freya Marske. I also have three FairyLoot orders: The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin, Sword Catcher by Cassandra Clare (the November Adult book), and Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder. Fire Study is my replacement copy for the damaged one that came in originally. I'm also mad that The Scarlet Veil is taller than the original FairyLoot Serpent & Dove books. It's very irritating. I'm glad I got the regular hardcover too so my copies actually match.
 

Something I've been eagerly anticipating finally arrived this week. My Prettygalpins Jemlin FBAA tarot card deck arrived. And they are gorgeous!!! I think my favorites are Poppy, Vonetta, Isbeth, Kieran, Casteel, and Sera, though they all look awesome. Reaver is showing a lot of skin, though. Lol. 
 

And next, I have the replacement dustjacket for the FairyLoot edition of Kingdom of the Feared. I think I added myself to the list to get this replaced like a year ago at this point. It's insane how long this whole process has taken. But I'm glad it came in, as the spine does not match the previous two books in the series at all. I was supposed to get a replacement for A Dragon's Promise too, but it wasn't in the tube, and I've already emailed FairyLoot about other things, so I'm just not going to worry about it. I don't care enough, since I don't own the other duology by the author and it's just a matter of silver versus gold font.
 

I also almost forgot to share the A Touch of Magic Designs order I received. It arrived in a relatively timely manner, so I'd already taken a pic and put the Vampire Academy bakery pin on my pin banner. I was too sick to take the artwork out of the plastic sheets, so sorry about the mediocre photo. I ordered the two FBAA pieces. The Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac magnet and Fourth Wing piece were freebies.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear you got sick! Especially with Covid over the holiday! I hope you're feeling better now!

    Nice haul! Lots of pretties this week! I debated about the Pretty Gals tarot cards. I just don't know if I love the books enough to get them (JLA wise!). If the Lux books were allowed to be used I definitely would've gotten them. But that's okay, as I spend wayyy too much on Stephanie Garber artwork! Lol! I'm in trouble if she ever does that series!

    Pretty sure we filled out the FL Kingdom of the Feared at the beginning of the year. I had the original emails but I deleted them since I got my cover already. Since my books are in storage I really couldn't remember what was "wrong" with them, but I filled out the form anyway! Lol. Planning to go to my unit this coming weekend to look for future signing books and to put some that I grabbed back. I think I left some of the Maniscalco boxes relatively towards the front...so I'll have to rewrap it then to see the differences!

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads and goodies! And that you feel more yourself asap! Sending you healing healthy vibes! <3


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having books in storage is the worst. I still have so many sitting in the back room of my parents' house and its depressing.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!