Saturday, June 10, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Ruthless Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's been a hectic week. I had a dentist appointment Thursday, I locked myself out of my place last weekend when I was setting up some ant traps near my front door, I had two Zoom meeting with my friend where we planned 80% of the international trip we're taking in the fall, and the big thing, ApollyCon tickets go on sale Friday night. Now, I'm typing this Thursday evening, so at this point, I don't know if I was able to get tickets. I guess you'll find out next week. Last year, I was only able to get them through the resale thread, so we'll see what happens...


For my book haul this week, I have a good pile of stuff. First up, is a paperback set of the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series that I bought off Mercari like 1.5 months ago. They shipped from Hawaii, so it took forever. Honestly, if I'd known they were being shipped from Hawaii, I wouldn't have bought them. I was trying to save a bit of money by not purchasing new copies on Amazon, but the wait honestly wasn't worth the money I saved. Plus, the seller advertised them as "never before read" and that was obvious bullsh!t. One of the books had a pack of unused annotating tabs stuck in it. (Free tabs for me!) And the last two books were visibly concave from someone having read them. I'll have to perform some surgery to see if I can straighten them up a bit. I saw a video online about using a hairdryer to soften the glue and a rubber band to hold the book in its correct place. So yeah, that purchase was not worth the money.

Next, I have the second hardcover edition in Brandon Sanderson's Kickstarter campaign. This is The Frugal Wizard's Handbook to Surviving Medieval England. I have no idea if this book is part of his larger Cosmere universe or not, but I probably won't read it anytime soon. Eventually I'll get to all the high-fantasy Sanderson books, but I'll probably wait until the fifth Way of Kings book is released to get that started.

And here are my ebooks for the week. I was approved for a NetGalley review copy of Enchanted to Meet You by Meg Cabot (yay!), and The Demon Prince by Amanda Aggie was free on Kindle. Therefore, I downloaded it. I also downloaded Igni Ferroque by Ashlyn Drewer and Dark Shores by Danielle L. Jensen via Kindle Unlimited. I was in a slump last weekend. I wanted to read so badly, but I just couldn't get into any book I picked up or thought about picking up, so I honestly think I downloaded two or three other KU books as well. Igni Ferroque is the only one that I left on there for longer than a day. Also, I received some Orc Sworn novellas from Finley Fenn's newsletter, but they were really short. I couldn't even count them towards my Goodreads goal, since they're not on Goodreads, so I don't see the point in showing the covers..

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! That's a bummer about the Ruthless Boys series. I hate when seller's definitions never match actual book readers' definitions. I am one of the many who failed to get Apollycon tickets. I'm not very happy with this ticketing system or the amount of tickets they have as well. I was thrown into a line that by the time it was my turn tickets were sold out and my app never let me select tickets as it kept deleting them every time I hit checkout. I'm not on Facebook so I can't join the resale thread plus I am too much of a planner to leave things to chance as i would have to ensure I could still get off, flights, and hotels...I need to be able to book in advance for my own sanity's sake! Lol.

    I'm kind of excited for Meg Cabot's next paranormal read! That's definitely on my list for fall this year! I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!