Saturday, November 19, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The ALITF Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, I'm in the process of moving, and I realized I have a lot more junk than I thought I did. Oof. And of course, this StS just adds to it. Yay. But honestly, these books are big ones, so I can't be too mad. I just have to figure out how to safely transport them 2.5 hours away without damaging them.


My A Light in the Flame copies arrived! I got the regular edition from Amazon, and annoyingly, the first copy I got on release day was nasty. There were black spots that looked like mold on the back page and that same page had been ripped in half. It was weird. But my replacement arrived on Thursday, the same day as both my preorder incentive and my preorder of the B&N special edition. Thursday was just a big ALITF day.


And for some reason, I decided to check out another library book like three weeks before I move. But this is a book I've heard a lot about. The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards is supposed to be really good, and I'm needing a new supernatural/urban fantasy series to fix the hangover I've got from the next series I'm going to talk about.


I downloaded the second and third books in Jex Lane's Beautiful Monsters series from Kindle Unlimited, and holy heck. This series is addicting! I've had some good times bingeing KU books in 2022; this one is one I have to get physical copies of, though. It's just that good! It's so complex and the main character reminds me of Darrow from Red Rising with the worldbuilding of Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark and a relationship similar to C.S. Pacat's Captive Prince. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in to another series right now because this one had me so engrossed. The hangover is so real after these books and the wait for number four is gonna be torture. I'm crossing my fingers ALITF helps.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!