Saturday, October 23, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Replacement Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week has been a lot better than the past couple of weeks. Thank goodness. My new shelf space is organized, my minimal Halloween decorations are up, and I have the most amazing wall art that I need to share at some point that I'm so excited about. But, for now, let's discuss books.


First up in this haul is one of two replacements I had to get from FairyLoot due to damages. *sigh* I'm pretty sure the shipping facility FairyLoot uses just shoved a crushed copy of Gods & Monsters in a box and sent it to me. Because the box my first copy came in was completely fine. But, thankfully, FairyLoot sent a replacement super quick. Now, I'm just waiting on my FBAA FairyLoot replacements to arrive. Oh, and I thought I'd go ahead and share the September FairyLoot books, since I didn't in my last StS. I originally wasn't going to keep them, but nobody is buying these. So, I thought I'd at least read them first before taking the copies to my used bookstore. I know the books will be fine reads, I just think the US copies look better than FairyLoot's "exclusive" editions.


And last, but certainly not least, I finally received my August FairyLoot box! Yay! My parents came to visit a couple weeks ago, and they brought it with them. I was so excited for this box, and then I realized once it shipped that when I changed my shipping address on FairyLoot's website, it didn't update. Thus, the box was sent to the 'rents' house. But now I have one of my most anticipated fall 2021 books. I also love the pin banner, which I desperately needed and is already in use. I am getting rid of the second book, Afterlove. It's just not my cup of tea. But otherwise, this was a solid box.

Well, that's all I've received in the past few weeks. Next time, I should have some swag and one or two pre-ordered ebooks. Maybe my replacement FBAA editions will be in too? Let's hope. I don't think I have any physical copies incoming, sadly, other than FBAA. Maybe a FairyLoot pre-order will ship out soon? That'd be fun.

What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! Bummer about all the damaged Fairy Loot books. I thought my FL Gods & Monsters had some damaged but then I saw another cover and realized it wasn't, and that on my Blood & Honey copy the pages didn't really stick to the spine. So I read it carefully! Lol.

    Glad you enjoyed the boxes for the most part! Or at least the August one! Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!