Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Meant to Read In 2020

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Books I Meant to Read In 2020 But Didn’t Get To

I'm super proud of how many books I read in 2020. I'm even more proud that a good portion of the ones I did read were from my backlist TBR books. Unfortunately, though, I didn't get to all of them. This is my list of shame. Lol.

***
Fireblood by Elly Blake

How long has this trilogy been on my TBR? Too long. Because it's been so long, I need to reread book one, Frostblood, and then read this one and the last book. Yikes.
Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn

This book might be cheating. Technically, I've already read this, but I'm trying to reread the series. So far, I've only re-read book one.
Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin


I kind of wanted to read this book last year, but I kind of didn't as well. With book three not out until fall of 2021, I'm not in a huge hurry; however, I feel like I'm missing out by not reading the series now.
Bone Crier's Moon by Kathryn Purdie

Bought an ebook of this book and haven't read it yet.
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

I've been trying so hard to get through this series. I hate that SJM changes the love interest in her series and going into ACOMAF knowing who the main couple will be is not making me happy. I wouldn't keep trying except I actually think I'll love the side characters. I just hate the main couple. Here's hoping that my fourth(?) time picking up the book will be the lucky time I make it through.
Winterspell by Claire Legrand

I wanted to read this in December. I guess February isn't too far away, right?
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare


Started this one in the middle of my mini slump/hangover. I didn't finish it before the end of the year.
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff


A lot of people love this series. I'd like to read it soon. I had hoped to read it in the summer/fall of 2020, but my reading slump/hangover got in the way.
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang

Another first book in a trilogy that I'd like to read soon. I'm hoping to pick it up in the next couple of months.
Master of One by Jaida Jones & Dani Bennett

To be fair, I got this one in late December, since it was in the December FairyLoot box. But I want to read it ASAP.

***

Alright, there you have it. The ten books I should've read in 2021, but I just didn't get to them. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

11 comments:

  1. "List of shame" -- I like that! That definitely felt like what this week's prompt was. xD

    I'm in the same boat for Bone Crier's Moon, so I hope to get to that early this year. I did manage to read Nevernight last year, and I highly recommend that whole series! Hope you're able to get to some of these this year.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll love Nevernight. I just need to read it. :)

      Delete
  2. Changeling does sound good. And LOL at "list of shame." I had some of those feelings, too.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually a good thing that there's still so much out there we want to read, right? I'd hate to run out, LOL.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to run out of books to read back when I was in my early teens, as publishing wasn't as productive. I do miss having a smaller TBR though.

      Delete
  4. I had a major reading slump in the middle of the year and barely met my goodreads goal! I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-meant-to-read.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of awesome books here! I also wanted to read Court of Mist and Fury!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to read it before ACOSF releasesin February, but I doubt it happens.

      Delete
  6. LOL - "list of shame." I have twelve books on mine. -____-

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!