Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

Release Date: February 17, 2011

Natalie is Dr. Aphrodite, the love guru for her high school paper. But Natalie's relationship advice is totally bombing, especially when it comes to knowing what guys really think and want. When she tries to investigate, the guys in her class won't give her serious or straight answers.

The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boys boarding school in town. There "Nat" learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected—especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?

Spoilers May Lie Here

My REVIEW:

I could use all of the cliches with this one, it's "a breath of fresh air," "a walk in the park," "smarter than the average bear," (just kidding on the last one) and they would all be true!

This book has it all! Humor, questions, answers, best friends, costumes, acting and more!
I loved it! This was another book that only took a few hours to read, that's how GREAT it is!

The questions that Natalie tries to get answered were at first very good questions. Every girl wants to know, "Why guys act the way that they act?"

But this book makes you realize that boys aren't a completely different species, they're just not like girls and in some ways, they're definitaley more simplistic. I have no idea where Ms. Gehrman got her information from, or if it just popped into her head, but that's not the point, the point is that what she wrote down actually allows girls and guys to understand each other.

Her sarcasm is wicked, her idea phenomenal, and it's an amazing read. If you've ever seen the movie, She's the Man with Amanda Bynes, this book will remind you of it in a lot of ways! After reading it I really wanted to watch the movie again!

There were some downsides to this book though, which were 1) the ending seemed kind of rushed and 2) I wasn't thrilled with the article.

*Just a note: For those of you who are of the young at heart, there are some language and scene instances that you might want to be wary of.*


Thanks to Jody Gehrman for sending me the ARC!!!
*All reviews are my opinion and my opinion only.
**Please excuse my formatting, this computer is driving me crazy!*

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I picked you for a blog award meme, check it out here: http://spanglish-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/award-oh-my.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!